Resource icon

Tracks 2-way traffic for "The Isle Of Man TT", seasons, lighting, horizon and physics patches 2019-12-16

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello!
I have a problem. Game crashed, Ai spline might be missing or broken
I assume you mean only the traffic layout prepared by me. In that case try this renaming the "pit_lane.ai"
iom.jpg

and see if the layout loads in "Practice" mode. If it does then you have to create the new "pit_lane.ai" for your track to use the "Track day" with AI. If you don`t know how I can help you with step-by-step instructions.

alekabul submitted a new resource:

2-way traffic for "The Isle Of Man TT", seasons, lighting, horizon and physics patches - Fast course with traffic from AI in track day. Config for CSP and Sol.

Read more about this resource...

Hi alekbul. Thanks for this add-on. Have you thought about contacting Jim Pearson to see if he would be willing to port his version of the IOM from GPL to AC? I don't know if you've tried it yet, but Jim's version of the track is nothing short of BRILLIANT!!! It is breathtaking and utterly spectacular. No offense to

Jim's version of the track
For it`s time and game that version was very good but to "port" it in AC there should be done whole new terrain and road models which may or may not join well with the objects for detailing the track. It`s not as easy as you think and to examplify that take a look at this ripped version... That`s what I meant when I said "there is a much worse version". It`s found on assettocorsaclub and acmods and probably many other places.

step-by-step instructions
The thing is not difficult or time consuming. Here goes:
- enable developers apps
ac1.jpg
ac2.jpg

- rename "fast_lane.ai" for the time being
ac3.jpg

- select "Hotlap" mode
CM.jpg

- position the car in the middle of the left lane and stop when you see the pit building in the distance
pit making1.jpg

- start the recording with left click on "start pits" in the developers app "AI", drive normally through the pitlane and avoid being too close to the walls, exit the pits and stop in the middle of the left lane when you see the crossroad in the distance. Stop the recording with left click on "recording"
pit making2.jpg

- rename the new file and the "fast_lane.ai"
pit making3.jpg
pit making4.jpg
pit making5.jpg

After that you are ready to use "Track day" with AI.

Attachments

• pit xmpl.jpg
    pit xmpl.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
how would I go about making a similar thing for my own version of the TT circuit (Snaefell Mountain Course)?
Since you are asking I took a look at your TT and first thing you should do is correct the surfaces to differentiate clearly where is the road edge. Not like so
lines.jpg

If the sidelines (red) are outside of the road`s edge all efforts are gonna fail. AI`s are liberal enough to go out of the track even when the side lines are tight, much more so in your case. I would start by batch-renaming all objects having "Background" and "GrassEdgeAC" materials from "ROAD_*" to "1EDGE_*", also all "Sidewalk" from "ROAD_*" to "1SIDE_*" and editing "surfaces.ini" to include paragraphs for "KEY=EDGE" and "KEY=SIDE" that are "IS_VALID_TRACK=0".
Then you could make the test for the changes with updating your 1-way line by making a proper short pitlane without renaming "fast_lane.ai" to "fast_lane.ai1" first. After you drove and recorded the line use "Alt+Tab" before exiting the game to make possible the use of other applications on your PC while the long line is being updated. In that time the process "acs.exe" will appear as stuck but you will have to wait for it to finish. Meanwhile not all resources of the PC are utillized and you may use it almost normally.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info! I recorded edges using the ai helper app, but I don't remember if they're in the latest version, and I assume from what you've said that it would only be patching over the problems. I know they only helped slightly

edges using the ai helper app
The screen is from the current download from RD. It`s more tedious to record sidelines with the Helper than editing the model. 60 km X2 = 120 km on the edge, literally :)
I`ll give you the means to start trying with the lines. Just done preparing the physics patch and the configuration for your traffic.

You need to get adept at closing the loops. When done with all the course stop just before the place from which you started recording. 5-10-15 m are okay and keep the front pointed straight at the beginning point. Do not overlap the lines. Practice this first on the smallest circle track you have.

Attachments

• -lines.jpg
    -lines.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
alekabul updated 2-way traffic for "The Isle Of Man TT", seasons, lighting, horizon and physics patches with a new update entry:

Possible improvement for terrain with CSP code

After testing a recently revised version of the track I've been taking a tour in Street View of the circuit and felt an urge to do some work on the main shader in the scene - "Background" material in the hills and the near field. The original has some unpleasant "gray goo" overall that needed changing from
View attachment 488695
to
View attachment 488694

It works better in different weather, seasons and sunlight. So if you want to try it for yourself - open...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hey guys. anyone else have trouble to run it on server?
in single player we can use the map including traffic.
BUT if we try to join our server, we get a ERROR. Something

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-22 194742.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-22 194742.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 35
hey guys. anyone else have trouble to run it on server?
in single player we can use the map including traffic.
BUT if we try to join our server, we get a ERROR. Something
Can't tell if it is a solution but read this.
On a different note - you will benefit a lot if you use extension in browser for image search. (same for chrome) Then in options enable "Google Lens" and use it to select and search for the text in the image. That way I reached that previous possible solution in less than a minute.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back