Resource icon

Misc 2-way layout for "Targa-Florio", model for terrain, config and ppfilter fixed1fixed

Login or Register an account to download this content
adjust it for 0.92?
By a hunch from the post above i propose to try adding to "models_2way.ini"

Code:
[MODEL_4]
FILE=6a.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_5]
FILE=6b.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_6]
FILE=6c.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_7]
FILE=6d.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_8]
FILE=6e.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

I assume those models contain all parts of the physics road that SimTRAXX maybe edited to make it more interesting.
Let me know if I guessed correctly.

crashed to a black screen
So I'm not good at guessing. If you are interested to solve this I need you to get the trialware 3DSimED and drop into it one by one each of the models to find where are the road physics objects. Looks like this
3dsimed.jpg

Then the name of that model has to be put in the "models_2way.ini" to give the cars some firm ground.

Or before getting busy with 3DSimED you can try replacing the "..\content\tracks\targa-florio\2way\data\surfaces.ini" with "surfaces.ini" from a layout that has the road from SimTRAXX working and then load the traffic.

Or before getting busy with 3DSimED you can try replacing the "..\content\tracks\targa-florio\2way\data\surfaces.ini" with "surfaces.ini" from a layout that has the road from SimTRAXX working and then load the traffic.

I gave it a try even though I don't know what I'm doing, didn't work.

First I tried replacing the surfaces.ini from the 0.92 layout with the one in the "2way" folder. Then I tried listing all the .kn5 files from the main folder in "models_2way.ini" like so:

[MODEL_0]
FILE=ac_trackday.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_1]
FILE=targa-florio.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_2]
FILE=wfx_tf.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_3]
FILE=tf_map.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_4]
FILE=1.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_5]
FILE=2.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_6]
FILE=3.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_7]
FILE=4.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_8]
FILE=5.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_9]
FILE=6a.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_10]
FILE=6b.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_11]
FILE=6c.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_12]
FILE=6d.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_13]
FILE=6e.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_14]
FILE=7.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_15]
FILE=external - Kopia.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_16]
FILE=external.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_17]
FILE=grass3D.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_18]
FILE=grass030bl.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_19]
FILE=SLV_plants.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_20]
FILE=tf_ter.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_21]
FILE=wall.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

I get a crash right after "initializing ai spline"

Whereas there is just "targa-florio.kn5" in the 0.50 folder, in 0.92 there are many .kn5, so it looks to be significantly different. Attached is the 0.92 folder contents.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 69
tried replacing the surfaces.ini from the 0.92 layout with the one in the "2way" folder

I asked you to do the opposite - from 0.92 SimTRAXX into the "2way" data subfolder. Try it again.

tried listing all the .kn5 files from the main folder

In all those models there are several different start grids so maybe the particular cause for the crash was it. That's why I asked you to use 3DSimED to take a look inside each model. It doesn't take very long to load the kn5 files so it's worth a try.

Ah sorry I wrote that wrong. I meant I took the surfaces.ini from the 0.92 layout and pasted it in the 2way folder. Tried that already, didn't work.

And with 3DSimED, i'm just going to look for "ASPH-TARG," and if its in the model, then that should be listed in the "models_2way.ini." Alright.

I tried again, it doesn't work but your guess looks to be correct. I only found "ASPH-TARG" in 6a-6e.

Just to confirm, I started fresh again, put your adjustment in the "models_2way.ini." and tried loading. It crashed saying "AI spline may be missing or broken." Then I tried pasting the 0.92 surfaces.ini over the one in the 2way folder. Same result.

It looks like SimTRAXX 0.92 may be too different from 0.50. Thanks for your help anyway.

One last thing before capitulating - try placing the "fast_lane.ai" and "pit_lane.ai" from 2way into the full SimTRAXX layout and see if it loads. Pack the original ones into 7z inside the "..\full_circuit\ai\" to have backup.
I tried again fresh, nothing else except pasting the "fast_lane.ai" and "pit_lane.ai" from 2way into the main layout and loading it in track day. Didn't work, I get an "Unexpected error" box.

Hi! I have downloaded the last version of Targa Florio, but when I start the traffic targa doesn't load with the error "track not found"
If I put the content of the zip in the Targa Florio folder it works, but the cars fall into the void.

What can i do? Thanks!
It's a matter of different names of the .kn5 files that the layout expects to find in the track's folder. To create your updated layout with the new track you need to match the contents of "models_2way.ini" with the names of the .kn5 files that you have. So one way to do this is by making a copy of your "models_full_circuit.ini" in the same folder ("..\content\tracks\targa-florio\"), rename it to "models_2way.ini" and edit it to include
[MODEL_0]
FILE=ac_trackday.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

all other [MODEL_xx] have to change the numbering from "1" to whatever is last.

If that seems complicated - just place the two "***_lane.ai" files from the zip into the "..\content\tracks\targa-florio\full_circuit\ai\" and have a backup of your previous "ai" files stored in a zip for 1-way later. If the cars fall when you do that it means the pit area had no physics because the .kn5 names are different. Or it could happen when you replace new "phy-targa-florio.kn5" with the one from the zip that no longer matches the track. Do other layouts work ok after the change?
If you attach a screen of the Explorer window of the folder I might make a guess which is the missing name.

Last edited:
It's a matter of different names of the .kn5 files that the layout expects to find in the track's folder. To create your updated layout with the new track you need to match the contents of "models_2way.ini" with the names of the .kn5 files that you have. So one way to do this is by making a copy of your "models_full_circuit.ini" in the same folder ("..\content\tracks\targa-florio\"), rename it to "models_2way.ini" and edit it to include
[MODEL_0]
FILE=ac_trackday.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

all other [MODEL_xx] have to change the numbering from "1" to whatever is last.

If that seems complicated - just place the two "***_lane.ai" files from the zip into the "..\content\tracks\targa-florio\full_circuit\ai\" and have a backup of your previous "ai" files stored in a zip for 1-way later. If the cars fall when you do that it means the pit area had no physics because the .kn5 names are different. Or it could happen when you replace new "phy-targa-florio.kn5" with the one from the zip that no longer matches the track. Do other layouts work ok after the change?
If you attach a screen of the Explorer window of the folder I might make a guess which is the missing name.

Now it doesn't give me "track not found" error anymore, but I don't have the ground textures, so I see:

1636760813928.png

Thank you for your time

Now it doesn't give me "track not found" error anymore, but I don't have the ground textures, so I see:

View attachment 517045

Thank you for your time
I know in principle how to fix this but I don't know in particular what is the file and folders structure of the version of the track you are using. That's why I asked for a screen of yours main track folder like
Clipboard02.jpg

In that the "targa-florio.kn5" is the model that has almost all the visuals of the track v0.92. On yours it may be named differently. Check again all kn5 names and the numbering in sequence for the layout that you are loading.

I know in principle how to fix this but I don't know in particular what is the file and folders structure of the version of the track you are using. That's why I asked for a screen of yours main track folder like View attachment 517102

In that the "targa-florio.kn5" is the model that has almost all the visuals of the track v0.92. On yours it may be named differently. Check again all kn5 names and the numbering in sequence for the layout that you are loading.

1636795653167.png

I know in principle how to fix this but I don't know in particular what is the file and folders structure of the version of the track you are using. That's why I asked for a screen of yours main track folder like View attachment 517102

I solved it by installing the old version , I have to say that it works even better than the new one so I keep this!
I only have one problem, the fact that in my direction I have many cars but in the opposite zero.
How could I solve?

thank you so much for your support

in my direction I have many cars but in the opposite zero
In the file "C:\Users\*******\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\new_behaviour.ini" you can add at the end
Code:
[TRACK_targa-florio]
AI_FLOOD_Y_OFFSET=-0.4
AI_FLOOD_PUSH_SPEED=80
AI_FLOOD_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=140, 80
AI_FLOOD_DISTANCE=360, 280
AI_FLOOD_RANGE=220, 160
AI_FLOOD_DESPAWN=400, 100
And when the flood is active it will spawn cars in both directions. Just the problem with this and new AI flood is when the AI tries to overtake it always blocks the road with a pile up. If you want the AI to come the other way you have to veer between the lanes more so your position on the line is detected in both directions.
I have prepared a lines with hard restriction to make AI stay in their lanes. Take it from the link below and replace the files in the "..\2way\ai\" folder,

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 65 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 14.0%