2 gigs on vista not enough for GTR Evo?

Does anyone know how much RAM their machine used tonight to run Evo online ... if not, can someone take a look next time they fire it up and see how much they are actually using whilst running the game (ie with Nordscheife and 15 or 20 cars)?

I was using just over 2 gigs of RAM at times tonight ... managed to drop it just under that by lowering some in-game settings, but had a few "paging" problems to start with, and got occasional stutters, which didn't help out there in the green hell!!

No idea how much i was using - i have no lag issues with 38 cars in the rain at Spa but then again i have 4GB ram. 2GB on Vista in general is a bit slow, so you would be best trying to get 4GB - and considering current DDR2 prices it shouldn't cost much.

Does anyone know how much RAM their machine used tonight to run Evo online ... if not, can someone take a look next time they fire it up and see how much they are actually using whilst running the game (ie with Nordscheife and 15 or 20 cars)?

I was using just over 2 gigs of RAM at times tonight ... managed to drop it just under that by lowering some in-game settings, but had a few "paging" problems to start with, and got occasional stutters, which didn't help out there in the green hell!!

I am working on a solution for the stutters, i just need some more testing, the results are great, i had stutters too but after a few tweaks it was smooth as green hell.

Yeah ... I always knew I needed 4Gigs, but went over budget when I built this machine and so was waiting for prices to drop sufficiently so my wife didn't have kittens at me for buying more bits to put in it :wink:
... am currently waiting on the RAM coming in to the country (this is often the way in Portugal I am afraid) - had it on order a while now, but the matching sticks I need are on backorder everywhere I look :doh:

Thanks for letting me know ... with Race 07, I am way under with 2Gigs ... and Vista usage is under 1GB ...
Evo actually seemed kinder (ie less intensive) on the CPU, and the graphics card is not struggling at all ... Vsynched and 60FPS without a twitter ... its RAM issues I am hitting :Cry:

Time to see if I can find those RAM sticks faster somewhere elsewhere I think ... another country even!!:rolleyes:

Thanks ... I already have Vista running a fair way under 1GB ... just a bit bummed out that I never sorted this sooner, never had any problems paging before though, so no impetus to sort it quicker ... "Wot a plonker!" (I am!) :lol:
Just be nicer if I didn't have to wait for the memory - 2 weeks to one month was the last quote :doh:

Its only when I load the Nurbergring I suddenly hit around 1.9GB ... on any other track, like you, I am only using about 1.3GB ...
I have all game settings on max, which yeah I know ... I could reduce them to help - just that once you become used to silky smooth AND beautiful, its hard to go back to fast and rough
... like I said, got 2GB more RAM on the way soon hopefully ... just have to hold my breath 'till then :wink:

• Mannfred Breit

reduce/deaktivate Antialiasing.....thats the Key 4 no stuttering on Green Hell.Read it on a other Forum to...
Greets Mannee

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back