2 Explosions in Boston, USA

Suspected terrorist attack in Boston, America. Explosions went off at the finish line of a marathon. Lots of people in critical conditions, some dead. On Sky News now!

Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon race have left an unknown number of people injured.
Video and photographs from Boston show a scene of confusion, with emergency services descending on the scene and bloodied spectators being taken to a medical tent.
"There are a lot of people down," said one runner quoted by AP news agency.
The incident reportedly came about three hours after the winners crossed the line.
AP said there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the bridge that marks the finish line. Another loud explosion could be heard a few seconds later.
Smoke rose from the blasts, fluttering through the national flags lining the route of the world's oldest and most prestigious marathon. TV helicopter footage showed blood staining the pavement in the popular shopping and tourist area known as the Back Bay.
"There was an explosion, police, fire and EMS are on the scene. We have no indication of how many people are injured," spokeswoman for the Boston Police Department said.
Mike Mitchell of Vancouver, Canada, a runner who had finished the race said he was looking back at the finish line and saw a "massive explosion."
Smoke rose 50ft (15m) in the air, he told Reuters news agency, and people began running away and screaming after hearing the noise.
"Everybody freaked out," he said.
Stragglers heading for the finish line were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts as the scene was locked down.
The Eastern Massachusetts branch of the Red Cross has set up a disaster response centre in the area.
The Boston Marathon is one of the biggest annual athletic events in the United States, attracting a large field of runners and tens of thousands of spectators.

Mod edit: removed eye cancer from the title.

Just because something bad happens doesn't mean that it's ok to not follow the rules. As you can see from my posts it's unnecessary and doesn't look good either.

It's sad that people died and even more got injured but then again, that doesn't affect any common rules on here and the netiquette at all.

Just because something bad happens doesn't mean that it's ok to not follow the rules. As you can see from my posts it's unnecessary and doesn't look good either.

It's sad that people died and even more got injured but then again, that doesn't affect any common rules on here and the netiquette at all.
+1 to that. but on a serious note my heart goes out to the familes of those affected today, today's events have dampened my mood. R.I.P

Question is if they wanted to hit Obama (don't know if he was supposed to speak near that location) - but I can't believe it wouldn't have been found by the time he was there.

Maybe they'll blame Lil Kim and his crazy crew, so that they have a reason to start attacking North Korea. I mean, seriously: biological weapons in Iraq, anyone?

Either way, it's tragic for both the people hit and their families. Let's hope nobody is turning that into a political opportunity, although we all know that there's a high chance someone will use it for that reason.

Terrible events! Hopefully there will not be more of that!!! May these injured will live on, and the real culprits will be found as soon as possible before any false labelings! :thumbsdown:

On the other hand, it should also be remembered that there are people living in such conditions every single day. :( Such degrees to even today's Boston would be a peaceful day for them.

Yeah, l me too.

Even after former british intelligence operatives explained that the London bombings were false flags, and others believing the 11M (Madrid) to be also false flags, after all the absurdities by Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz-Cheney-Bush, people will point their rage towards Muslims.

. I, unfortunately, have several family members that went to this today and due to the high volume of calls, I havent been able to get in contact with them. I doubt they were near the finish line, but i'm still nervous and to see stuff like this makes me sick.

EDIT: Thank you :) Respectable act

And here come the tweets blaming it all on Muslims. This is what annoys me, really does make my blood boil.

I completely agree. We have just as many domestic wackadoos here in the US. We should start looking at our own people before we start blaming the Muslim community. I just hope that it had nothing to do with Al Qaeda though, because this may send some people over the edge, and make an already difficult life for Muslims in America, that much worse :(

TBH, I find this a bit insensitive. It's quite obvious that nothing about this situation is good and for you to throw around "newly blown off foot", come on man. If this was a member of your family you would be freaking out. I, unfortunately, have several family members that went to this today and due to the high volume of calls, I havent been able to get in contact with them. I doubt they were near the finish line, but i'm still nervous and to see stuff like this makes me sick.

To be honest. I didn't think about that. I just shared my first thought from the photos I saw. And it was a "not good" for the man in the picture, and all the people around.

I've been in your situation before. 2011, Shootings in Norway, I knew people that was on the island, and people being/supposed to be around the bombing area in Oslo.
I was lucky that noone I knew on the island got physically injured, while only one in Oslo got injured. So I get what you are talking about, I guess I'm just a person that likes to get as much pictures/videos as possible to watch, to know if anyone I know is affected.

You'll get an honest, and real sorry from me though! I really am.

*I've edited my first post in here*

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing