2 DOF Sim Racing Rig

Hi all,

I am new to the world of sim racing, but have been a fan of F1 for a while now. I've finally decided it's time to design/build a sim racing rig and I am looking for some clarification regarding rigs with 2 degrees of freedom. I have seen some setups with stationary screens and some with screens that move with the seat. It seems to me that the screens should remain stationary as the view outside your cockpit is not moving with the vehicle. Given that I am not familiar with the racing games yet, I'm wondering if I am missing something here? Is there a good reason to make the screens move with the seat?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Simple 2Dof Seat mover or Full frame 2dof, IMO you want static screens, When you get in to Larger motions, such as 4dof or 6dof setups, yes you will want screens moving with motion as the Physical movement is so great that Static just flat out wont work.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Moxley, I am planning on full frame, I would think that is the more realistic option for racing games? I am also considering adding a loss of traction motion. Similar to the 2 DOF, static screens should be manageable for this correct?

Upvote 0
There's no such thing as "more realistic" in reality, as both Pivot Full frame VS Pivot Seat mover are trying to do different things. its about what the end user is wanting.

Ideally a Pivot seatmover+Gseat+NonPivot (aka Dbox Style) Full Frame is ideal. Then you have all the forces in the appropriate places, ( Yes i realize this is a 20k+ rig in the end of the day)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back