rF2 2.5h WEC @ Silverstone - Sat 17th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Did way to many mistakes in the wet. I just felt too confident, that cost us around 30 seconds or even more. Now a real strategy thriller to the end in LMP1. Will be close :)

/edit: Rene unfortunately had a mistake and we are out of the lead battle :( But I made was too much mistakes as well today and strategy wasn't spot on. Lets see where we end up :)

Big thanks to RD for making that possible. I had a real blast today and I dont know how some guys and girls could do without a driver change :D

Last edited:
Disqualy here aswell, what reason...only god knows. Shure coudnt have been a speed in pits as i was almost half way trow the tank. Darn would be a good fight with stefan the last 10 min, myself 30sec in front, with still a small splash and dash, shame we missed that

Race in all was great, as I never drove that long.

I hope I wasn't making to much trouble to Audi drivers.

I made too much mistakes in this race, but all in all i am happy to drive this to the end.

I hope I will improve till next one.

Congratulations to winners of both classes.

Great fun race. We put a LOT of effort trying to keep Gronvall behind. To no avail we where slower everywhere.

Our setup would been stronger in the wet though wouldn´t have changed much I believe.

I did have a problem with stutter as soon as I took over the car. Particularly on the start straight it would go down to 20 fps and overall be more stuttery then usual. Never seen this before and it was fine for Rickard who started the race.

I had a great race with Matej, fighting for a podium spot and then this happened when I was driving:
I guess I shoulda been a bit more carefull, didn't see they went off untill I started braking and tought they'd stay off the sided when I let go :/
I guess it's time to buy a better screen as I'm racing on my laptop screen still, and not sitting too close to it :D

Good fun race. I guess my old bones just can't cope with 2.5h alone anymore.
Concentration no where lol. But hey, that did look awesome at times there on the track.

Cool racing April, I just saw I bumped you a bit once. Sorry for that. Haven't noticed it actually in the race at all but suspected it as I saw you went kinda very wide suddenly there.

For the GT guys, just a reminder. ;) Stick to your line, everything else is just confusing and dangerous. If you stick to the line no matter what the dudes in the protos know what they are going to do when they catch up to you.

Cheers again for the organisation.

I'm really happy that my only successful driver-swap was in the race. :)

Yes, and i did it again! a bad start... :O_o: accidentally started on the intermediate tires. :cry:
I had to pit after 3-4 laps and lost sight of the other LMP's.
I was really glad to hand over the wheel to Stefan after a very confusing wet/dry stint.
Real respect to the guys :alien: who did the 2,5h on there own. :notworthy:

@Stefan Woudenberg, we made it to the finish. :)
I'm really happy with our P5. :thumbsup:

And i'm looking forward to your LMP. ;)

Cool racing April, I just saw I bumped you a bit once. Sorry for that. Haven't noticed it actually in the race at all but suspected it as I saw you went kinda very wide suddenly there.

For the GT guys, just a reminder. ;) Stick to your line, everything else is just confusing and dangerous. If you stick to the line no matter what the dudes in the protos know what they are going to do when they catch up to you.

Was definitely fun racing, and ended real close! Though, where abouts did the contact occur? I can't recall it at all, as I still had a few kinks in the setup... Possibly just assumed that's what had happened at the time. :p

Anyway, agreed on your sentiment on GTs sticking to the racing line. I know it gets intimidating when Protos are racing up behind you, but ultimately we did have a few accidents out there due to confusion reading signals and such. If we can establish consistency there, then we should see a huge drop in incidents during Proto/GT passing.

I admit that when that consistency's there, it may take me a while to adjust to it (as it will anyone else I'm sure), but we'll all be happier for it. :)

Will see you guys again if this race length ever crops up again, for sure. Thanks for an awesome evening RD!

pritty uneventfull race for me, it felt like the porsches had a 7th gear, and everyone not in one pressed escape lol :p
I did have a good last 20-30 ish minutes, trying to stay on the same lap as Marco in his Aston after he made his last stop and i was doing pritty well keeping him at distance with a left front tyre that was holding on for dear life, but when a couple of porsches came flying by wildly i missed a few brakemarks and had to let marco by with like a lap or 2 to go.

Anyway, i had fun, just hope for some BOP changes for Le mans or we might have to have a special porsche class :p

Hello everyone!
The race has been fine and fun! Although I made too many mistakes, but even so I could gain positions and reach the top, thanks to the tire change I made at the right time, that helped me overcome all the positions lost for driving errors.
Yet also I did have a Stop and Go, but I could pass the car to my partner very close to the first, and still had to do his pitstop.
My companion managed to keep the pace and finish in first position.
Regarding the GT, I just had a brush with one, which made me make a mistake, but other than that, the rest was pretty average
Thank you very much to all and RD, and congratulate the winner of the GT, and all who participated!

Sorry for my English, I'm using a translator

I had no problems with any LMP1 car, expect for one time where I was behind a lapper and had to go off line avoiding him, and an LMP1 then tapped me and spun out. Just unfortunate I think rather then anyones mistake

Just a but gutted. I was so much faster in the wet, did some mistakes and we changef way to latr onto the slicks, but had some great racing with April and Miroslav.

I was scared that I may get stuck behind Miroslav at the start, but directly went for it in T3.
Had some real great side by side action with April, which is really scary as you have to guess where the other car is.

Here some highlights from my stints and also my two very big mistakes, which cost me 40 seconds.

Last edited:
a big sorry to my teammate frederic!!
he did a great job and i jumped in the car on p1.
after a few laps i hit the wall - after i spin in t1.
lost my rearwing... was a long, hard way back to pits.

i didn´t feel comfortable in the car yesterday.
couldn´t come close to my usual laptimes...
must have been the reflections in the windshield :unsure:

anyway, thanks for trying this with me frederic - and thanks to RD for a great event!

I spent a great evening racing with you guys and thanks all of you to be there. I am also glad, Yuri and me created a team, because we had great time fighting all 2,5 hours ... with everybody :). I have to bring it up, on yesterday˙s race, 4 Slovenes were present (grats all, especially Luka for unbelevable pace in those 70 ... or so laps untill the finish line) on server, which is almost unbelevable for nation without a single real race track in their country :unsure:. But OK, we will do our best in virtual world.
Thanks again and if Yuri will be on and my URD GTE teammate will be willing to create 3 men team for LeMans (we have another 4 hour endurance race just a day after), then cya next time :thumbsup:.

I only wanted to be the last LMP1 in quali so did only one run.

Got a good first few laps in and managed to keep April and Jose behind me for 1/2 hr and Gijs who had wrong tyres on.Well done to April and Jose who raced patient and clean and eventually got a run on me out of Chapel and into final chicane.

When wet came I took wets and was running ok, but when back on slicks on lap 20 must have left the drying line at Copse and had a big oversteer moment and tried to correct it and hit the wall massivelyin the favourite spot for Audi LMPs at Slverstone. Bits of body work every where and could see only sky and controls weren't responding. Could not even esc to pits. I guess the damage went all the way to the cars ECU?

So it was game over. Thanks all. I reckon I would have been very tired after another 100 mins or so it was like a sprint.

Thanks Admins for all your work.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing