rF2 2.4 Hours of Le Mans - Sun 24 May 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I was about to start my lap but I got toe punted from behind, I'm new to it all , I didn't meant to ruin your lap, I completely forgot I was racing with real people. I guess I just panicked and rushed not thinking. Again I'm sorry. I'm just going to race offline as I dont enjoy it online, too much pressure, I just don't enjoy it. Take care
Don't give up buddy and don't leave the online section after one race!
Every race will increase Your online skill, don't be afraid!
All of Us started with first online race like You did...just calm down, take a deep breath, sleep a few night and see You next time!

I'm just going to race offline as I dont enjoy it online, too much pressure, I just don't enjoy it.

I hope you reconsider. Granted this event might not be the best in terms of getting used to online racing (if this is somewhat new to you), but I promise you, you will feel more and more comfortable. When I first started racing at RD I was bloody nervous, shaking my legs the same way as I did when I was 10 years old and after just 5 months of karting, decided to join in a summer cup with 80 drivers in the same class as me, on a track that took 30-ish seconds to drive. Luckily we were never more than 28 on the track at the same time, but damn it was tight.

Now I'm at a point where I usually don't even practice before official practice in a race, and, without sounding too full of myself. Rarely ending in any questionable situation, and I'm never nervous either.

Don't give up on it yet, it's extremely fun when you get over the initial "wtf, omg" stage :)

I was about to start my lap but I got toe punted from behind, I'm new to it all , I didn't meant to ruin your lap, I completely forgot I was racing with real people. I guess I just panicked and rushed not thinking. Again I'm sorry. I'm just going to race offline as I dont enjoy it online, too much pressure, I just don't enjoy it. Take care
I think many sim racers start out offline only to start with. I remember when I first started Race07 and rFactor 1, I never went online for fear of ruining someone's race.
We all have to start somewhere and I can tell you that I was nervous to take those first steps online and I made mistakes too but after months, (read: years), I find it so much easier to jump online and race without fear of incident.
Admittedly, when I first started online racing, I didn't join a 2.4 hour endurance race as it's a bit too stressful and very long, but I started off on random public servers for races between 10 and 20 minutes to learn the format and the online etiquette.

We all make mistakes too. Last night I was in a GTE, and as we all know from real life racing and online endurance, the slower cars are always to stay on the racing line and it's the faster cars that need to initiate the overtake safely. Sometimes that wasn't the case and the faster cars were still trying to take the same racing line pushing the GTEs offline in the process.
This is part of real racing as much as it is in sim racing too.
We're only human, we're not robots or AI and mistakes can and will happen. The best thing you can do is learn from it and apply that knowledge to the next race, where you may make different mistakes. But guess what? That is how we learn, the club races are exactly the place for this process to happen. Don't be put off, you paid your premium membership and you have just as much right to be on the track as the other members, staff, hosts even the owners of this great forum.
Just remember that, do your best to drive the best races you can and in a year or so you will look back on these races as just where you started out.
Hope you stick around and join some more races

Last edited:
Just the right length for a solo driver, was a fun race! Start was pretty bad though, got punted twice before the start and a third time into T2 by the same driver costing me a lot of time, guess the endurance part was a bit unclear.

Double stinted the soft tires but had to replace them halfway through the second stint due to very bad flat spots, man that's horrible (DD wheel, I even hear my door shaking as well as my complete rig).

Also need to do a lot of finetuning to rf2 settings as in solo or practice sessions with just a few people I can put everything on max (VR, Rift S) but - same as last week on Nords - as soon as the race starts I get huge dips, going between 50 - 80FPS. Yesterday each lap from the Porsche curves to T1 was a horrible stutterfest which was a bit headache inducing and the Ford chicane was becoming a challenge.

Hope to join one of your other Le Mans races Daiman, great event! Hopefully more people will actually turn up, as we had a max of 32 present out of 43 registered..

Great race guys,

Thanks to @Daiman Patel for organizing.

I never raced for such a long distance, but it went much better than expected. All went well up until the final 20 minutes where I managed to pickup 3 penalties within 3 laps (quite an achievement I may add :whistling: ). First one was for an off at Tetre Rouge. And I failed to press the pitlimiter when entering the pit, resulting in a stop and go penalty. I got another drive trough when exiting the pit after serving the latter. Not sure why, but had to take that. Think I lost nearly 2 minutes all in all and ended up 11th, and last in LMP2 I think?

Big thumbs up for the GTE guys letting me past nicely all race.

Looking forward to the next one!

is sunday, noon, you open the rd forum discovering at 6:10 that you moved up for a 2.4h race you wasn't expected to be in; jump in the server discoreving rfactor 2 has cancelled some of your preselected commands in ALL your controllers

try to have a decent set up
make some laps and be 5th
try to see the corners when dark arrives
be 4th at the end and loose the position for a splash (I ever said american cars consume like boats)

do some stretching after this wonderful torture
talk with Daiman and the others until you realize you're starving and is 10:30 pm, li mortacci vostra (don't translate this :D)

eat
sleep
repeat

thank you Daiman and all the others, as usual great fun on RD

Last edited:
A couple of questions since I haven't raced at RD for a loooong time.

1) Is there a way to have Teamspeak automatically lower rF2's volume whilst people are talking? I thought it used to do that? I had the volume maxed in Teamspeak but still couldn't hear most people talking over the engine sound. I could only hear clearly when I wasn't driving.

2) Will you publish the results of the race? Do you capture the server data with something like Log Analyzer or LiveRacers?

Many thanks again!

Adam

@Daiman Patel thanks very much for organising and hosting a great event last night.
Good considerate driving from all drivers I witnessed last night and rF2 even ran stutter free for me hopefully that patch on Thursday fixed it.
It was good to get in some practice for 2 weeks time.
Congratulations to the podiums in each class.
@EagleEyes please take on board all the kind words that have been said and stick around for some online fun. If you’d rather just come on the server when there only a couple of people on give me a pm and I could me on Friday afternoon and give you some tips/advice.

1) Is there a way to have Teamspeak automatically lower rF2's volume whilst people are talking? I thought it used to do that? I had the volume maxed in Teamspeak but still couldn't hear most people talking over the engine sound. I could only hear clearly when I wasn't driving.
You need to do it through Windows volume mixer and set rf2 volume low about 10
2) Will you publish the results of the race? Do you capture the server data with something like Log Analyzer or LiveRacers?
No sorry club race results are not published the same as no live timings, lap times are not spoken about in case it discourages new drivers from signing up

Is there a way to have Teamspeak automatically lower rF2's volume whilst people are talking? I thought it used to do that? I had the volume maxed in Teamspeak but still couldn't hear most people talking over the engine sound. I could only hear clearly when I wasn't driving.
Yes, there is a plugin for TeamSpeak - 'Volume Control' by Goreki - that will automatically lower the volume of other applications when yourself or others are speaking. :geek:

Will you publish the results of the race? Do you capture the server data with something like Log Analyzer or LiveRacers?
We will not be publishing the race result ourselves, but I will be happy to provide the server results file if anybody would like it. You can then put it through Log Analyzer yourselves. :thumbsup:

A couple of questions since I haven't raced at RD for a loooong time.

Many thanks again!

Adam

same problem here....is from the day they have killed off the useful plugin they had for lowering game volume when someone talks i didn't find the way until now, to hear ts while i'm driving i have to decrease the game volume to a level i don't like

Yes, there is a plugin for TeamSpeak - 'Volume Control' by Goreki - that will automatically lower the volume of other applications when yourself or others are speaking. :geek:

We will not be publishing the race result ourselves, but I will be happy to provide the server results file if anybody would like it. You can then put it through Log Analyzer yourselves. :thumbsup:
i tried that app many times Daiman...and the result was an infinite number of teamspeak crashes....:sick:
a pitty because they had the original plugin and it worked, don't know whay they eliminated it

Sorry I had to pull out abruptly. Its 3am here and my attention was severely reduced. I was having offs every other lap and didn't want to ruin anyone else's race so I thought better to just jump off. Sorry.
There's no need to apologise, mate. I can understand why you decided to pull out, especially at 3am. It can be difficult to concentrate and focus at the best of times, nevermind so early in the morning. Hopefully you can join us again and will have more joy next time. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back