rF2 2.4 Hours of Le Mans - Sun 22 Aug 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'll do some tests tonight and check for that. So far I have not noticed a big difference on the fuel consumption in GTE cars in general between Quali and Race setting.
The last race I did here was about 55 mins too cross the line, I used Quali and did not have to pit so I assume 2 stops should be doable but tight.
Did some testing and found the following:
On Qualification the 488 uses an average of 6.4-6.5 per lap.
On Race it uses about 6.2 - 6.3 per lap.
So there is a difference but not really big, I'd say it's about one lap for the 144 minutes.
Either way, both settings should allow a 2 stop strategy, roughly 3 x 86 liters at most, if I calculated correctly ;)

@cagivariver you said you don't speak english but maybe Google translate can help or somebody can translate as I don't speak any Italian.

Le Mans has 56 garage spots, the field was a total of 16 cars. You'd think there would be enough room in the pits but I guess not! @Dean Maković had to pull up in front of me and reverse back to his box every time we where in the pits together.
Anyways thank you all for an otherwise great event! :notworthy:
(also thank you other 'Toyota' for ramming into me when my stop was done locking my car for another 15 seconds :O_o: )
20210822220613_1.jpg

Thanks guys that was pretty epic! Lot's of drama for me just like Le Mans has to be. Had a good lead for a while when I made some stupid mistakes and spun, had to fight hard to not let Mark move to far ahead. Got him in the pits and tried to save a bit fuel but had anther visit in the gravel so I had to let him pass pretty soon again. Had a few more mistakes and again had to fight until he caught a DT obviously some time before the second stop. Also had two cut warnings with about an hour to go so had to keep from pushing to much and manage the lead somehow. @wayphaxx a pity you had that DT, really epic fight until that. I was cursing so much after my mistakes thought I could'nt get you again.
Thanks to everyone who switched to GTE, not a real Le Mans without proper multiclass :D

Originally I would have gone with the Oreca as the standard choice, but I fancied the Caddyand decided to develop a setup for it. I knew I would be down on top speed (10kph) so I figured if I could stay in clean air I would be in with a fighting chance, apart from @Henri Sinik who, as usual, alienated everyone (3:26 as the fastest :O_o:). Got sort of stuck bebind @Magnus Dahlgren for the majority of the first stint but the laptimes wasnt bad and decided to stay behind and wait until opportunity presented itself. It did, finally, just before the first stop. That stop staggered me from the rest of the field as I had 6 liters less in the tank. Took no tires and came out in clear air and just started ticking away with the laps.
I knew the night stint(s) would be crucial as seeing anything wasnt particularly easy, but it all went without a hitch. Just after sunrise I found myself behind Magnus again who was yet to pit. In a moment of weak judgement, I sent it in a divebomb into the last chicane after the Porsche curves and almost took us both out. Sorry about that, minor blemish to an otherwise mistake free run :unsure:. At least I didnt hit you I dont think.
Noticed Henri had some issues which meant I kept up on the scoring board and almost got him in the end, unfortunately his last stop wasnt long enough :p
The car was great and the entire race went mistake free apart from a brainfart costing me 5 secs. Great to be back endurance racing, cya at the next one! :)

Noticed Henri had some issues which meant I kept up on the scoring board and almost got him in the end, unfortunately his last stop wasnt long enough :p
I was stand still in my pit box for extra 30 seconds after first stop and extra 40 seconds after second stop to allow you to drive away and make it more interesting, at the end picked up drive through penalty with cut tracks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back