rF2 1st July Porsche Fabcar @ Bahrain

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
The server is currently running the 05 version instead of the 06 version.

Ben, personally I'd suggest postponing it for a week - having half a dozen people signed up just doesn't make for a worthwhile race. It would be a bit of a waste of a good track if it went ahead as it is, IMO.

Regretfully, I feel I have to pull out of this one due to the fact that this event is one of many that has fallen victim to a total failure on the part of RD's rF community.

One week we have nearly 30 signups (with 18 turning up, with 6 finishing the race, with some foul attitudes on show from a certain minority along the way for good measure), and the next week we have only a small handful of signups despite the added experience of the first event.

If people aren't going to sign up for races then why should RD bother running them? Due to the total failure of the rF community, with Toni Talvitie (for whom I have the utmost respect having had some great rF races with him in the past), Ingemar Petersson, John Sydenstricker, Martin Bulgin, and Alain Fitoussi as exceptions as evidenced tonight, I am out of rF events.

It reminds me very much of the GTR2 club which was reopened due to popular demand.... for one race, before the interest was back to zero again. It is detrimental to those who do care about racing here for the majority to be stabbing them in the back by demonstrating an epic fail, so to speak, of the sign-up list.

I'd love to run a PCC league personally, and we have the drivers who have demonstrated the level of commitment and mutual respect required in order to do so, but it'll never happen so long as the community has this "oh I can't be bothered with that" approach.

Ben, along with the rest of the racing staff, organise events in good faith and these fabcar races have been nothing but downright rude, be it directly or indirectly, to the organisation as a whole. There are of course issues with scheduling for some people, but to have a week-on-week signup dropoff like that is taking the biscuit; and until the rest of the community can take a leaf out of the book of the guys who do give a crap, I'm out of RD's rF events.

Shame that, really good mod and track combination, 4 of us started the race and 1 dropped out after the first lap so I called it quits and so did the other 2 guys I think, this would have been awsome even with 15 of us but I dont know where every one has gone.

Tried to race with super soft tires. Big mistake, they were gone by lap 8, mostly because of my poor night driving skills.
Made a pit stop to replace my tires and realized, I forgot to remap keys after I installed rFactor on my computer.Fail.
Left Alain all by himself. Sorry Alain.
I plan to join more rFactor events if they are at a time when I'm availible. Unfortunatly, I get stuck working over alot of days and dont make it home in time to join. Thats why I dont usually sign up untill it's close to the event date.
I'm definitly not a fan of night races on unlit tracks with headlights that barely light up three car lengths in front of me.
Thanks anyway Ben!
I think I liked the 05 track better than the 06, just not at night.

Don't worry Ben ! Thanks Martin for the link, that permited me to join the server and this event.
In the middle of the race, i feel a little bit alone in this track, john was finally out, i was the only one on the server, so i decided to quit. It's not funny to race alone like in offline event. That's sure, is that i don't like to drive in the dark, because i don't see anything with these headlights.
Thanks Ben for this event, and i hope that will be others in this rFactor club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%