1st gear turns, is this a bug?

S

stungunner

• stungunner

When racing against the AI, the computer cars allways go very slow thrue slow corners, especially when they need to be taken in 1st gear. Even when the opponent strength is at 100%, and all aid's are turned off, i can easely pass them in these corners. F.ex. the slow third corner in PAU, or the slow one in Monaco, or the slow hairpin in Francorchamps, just after the start/finish line.

Is this a bug, or is this normal? It's not really realistic, because I know that even when i can't really keep up with the other cars or can't gain on them at least, i can allways pass them in these turns, sometimes with a little pushing and nodging.

I think it's a common problem with AI.. Happens on a lot of games. There is a corner on 'The Ring' in the first quarter of the lap where you usually just need to tap the brakes to go around but they slow down a lot more too.

Maybe it is really a bit slow sometimes how the AI makes the first turn of the race, but some people could learn and benefit from it from the on-line races, where T1 madness is usually happening. At least the AI makes through T1 with an undamaged car....

• Chris Standring

Maybe it is really a bit slow sometimes how the AI makes the first turn of the race, but some people could learn and benefit from it from the on-line races, where T1 madness is usually happening. At least the AI makes through T1 with an undamaged car....

Agreed.

Id expect the thought process behind it is firstly minimal damage while the pack spreads out, and secondly your tyre temps are appauling at the time on the first bend so a carefull corner is better than an off the rails massacre.

Can get annoying though sometimes ill agree there to :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.3%