rF2 1h GT3 Club @ Mid Ohio Sports Car Course - Friday 5th June 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
For once i had a lighting start. :geek: (Belgiums current weater = thunderstorms :D)

Climbed to P2 in the first lap. :cool: Sorry to see you spin @Davy Vandevenne : I think you would have done well and battle in the front pack.
After @Frederic Schornstein spin, i had a comfortable lead. But i must admire Freddy's determination to climb back. I tried to manage the 14 sec gap and loss time in a controlled way. It was working excellent, managing my tires so had some juice left when Freddy was on my rear bumper and as expected he did. Just with 3 laps to go he was upon my bumper. But in the last lap... I just spun out in T1. :confused:
Whenever i driver though Germany for a skiing trip. There is always a "local" who needs to flash his head lights. :cautious: ;)

About the cars: Each car is very different in handling, top speed, weight, fuel use, etc...
and still lap times are very close. :)
I really like the Apex cars:
Their suspension feel and weight transfer are very authentic to my experience on the real race track. The bounce of the suspension when i hit a curb feels remarkable similar. The weight transfer when you brake and the rear becomes light feels very similar.
From go-karting to sim-racing: The differences are small. But a race car with a stiff suspension and halve the weight of a road car still has this "inertness" which is a very creepy feeling when you go an a race track with a race car for the first time.
I can only compare it with my car. I've never driven a GT3 car, so i might be wrong... :D

For once i had a lighting start. :geek: (Belgiums current weater = thunderstorms :D)

Climbed to P2 in the first lap. :cool: Sorry to see you spin @Davy Vandevenne : I think you would have done well and battle in the front pack.
After @Frederic Schornstein spin, i had a comfortable lead. But i must admire Freddy's determination to climb back. I tried to manage the 14 sec gap and loss time in a controlled way. It was working excellent, managing my tires so had some juice left when Freddy was on my rear bumper and as expected he did. Just with 3 laps to go he was upon my bumper. But in the last lap... I just spun out in T1. :confused:
Whenever i driver though Germany for a skiing trip. There is always a "local" who needs to flash his head lights. :cautious: ;)

About the cars: Each car is very different in handling, top speed, weight, fuel use, etc...
and still lap times are very close. :)
I really like the Apex cars:
Their suspension feel and weight transfer are very authentic to my experience on the real race track. The bounce of the suspension when i hit a curb feels remarkable similar. The weight transfer when you brake and the rear becomes light feels very similar.
From go-karting to sim-racing: The differences are small. But a race car with a stiff suspension and halve the weight of a road car still has this "inertness" which is a very creepy feeling when you go an a race track with a race car for the first time.
I can only compare it with my car. I've never driven a GT3 car, so i might be wrong... :D
That was good fun. I reduced the pace a bit after the start to create a bit of a train and save tires, but then suddenly my gas pedal disappeared below my foot :mad: (gf needed attetion, but definetely not the best way to do it). After that something like P5 and Gijs was 17 seconds in the lead, so I climbed back to P3 fairly quickly and once I was in P2 I had to put the hammer down:ninja: There were always some phases were I gained a lot and then next to nothing for a few laps. Once I was within 2 seconds with 10min to go it got difficult, because my tires were going down and I guess you saved a bit ;)
But towards the end I was really close. Shame you had the mistake as it would have mode for some great racing.

Really enjoyed the car today. First time I get in the SLS it is always "oh that is crap". Just a few setup tweaks, getting the driving right and the car is such a charme to drive:rolleyes:

This time i picked the corvette and was surprised how well i adjusted to the car. First time driving this version of the car is always tricky but found a good pace.

The race was pretty good and with the battle for third place i couldn't let my guard down. Had to push most of the race with only a few laps where i could try and save the tires.

Interesting race here.
First time driving this modification and had no time to do some laps. I picked the Porsche and did some small adjusments to the setup to feel comfortable over the distance.
When pushing, the tires weared off very fast so I expected a one stop race by the most drivers while I go easy with my tires without stopping.
At the end no one stops and I had at least 60% tires left :whistling: so next time I have to do some more training learning some more about the car and its tires ;)
However the race was very good and I love the fact you have to understand the tire of each vehicle you drive in rf2. It's always very challenging racing a car in rf2 properly and I love this challenge with every mod.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back