rF2 1h DT5 Serie @ Mid Ohio Sports Car Course - Saturday 13th December 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
DT5 Club.png

Following the success of the GT3 Club and WEC we believe that it's about time to introduce a new, regular rFactor 2 racing club, and here it is! The DT5 Serie has been inspired by the increasingly popular DTM series, and shall use the T5 mod developed by URD.

Hopefully you'll be able to join us for the inaugural event when we shall be heading to the States, to what has become a well liked circuit for fast-paced, close racing - Mid Ohio. Get ready for the ride of your life on this quick, fun and undulating track!

Based on the interest and feedback more such races, and potentially longer races, may be held in the future.

Event Details:
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM DT5
Track: Mid-Ohio
Car: URD T5 (PayMod)
Mod:
Download via Server (GetMod) or HERE

Everything should be downloadable via server upon login (except for the T5 mod), but can also be downloaded from above in case GetMod does not work.

Weather: Mixed
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x
Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists
Traction control:
Low
ABS: Low
Auto-clutch: Allowed
DRS: Allowed - assign a "rear flap" key in-game

Race
Practice:
19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT - 15 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 19:45 GMT - 10 minutes
Race: 19:55 GMT - formation lap + 60 minutes [rolling, double-file start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
GMT Clock: Click here

1. Daiman Patel
  2. Stefan Woudenberg
  3. Yuri Kasdorp
  4. Rui F. Martins
  5. Jonathan Menéndez
  6. Denny Wenzel
  7. Christian Michel*
  8. Jason Skyring
  9. Sam McDonald
  10. Matt Horst
  11. Tal Segal
  12. Tero Dahlberg
  13. Dino Paolini
  14. Phil Shillitoe
  15. Bjorn de Haas
  16. Frank van Oeveren
  17. Imre Bende
  18. Davy Vandevenne
  19. Tamas Cseh
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!
There is currently no DRS zone - this shall be added soon.
There is now a DRS zone, which should apply only during the race. During practice and qualifying DRS should be available at all times.

utp: 35

Last edited:
I cant make this one (away) but would someone who has experienced this mod be so kind as to do a short precis on this mod/these cars. I know if the club scene works out there might be something next year and haven't got it yet and 6.5 euro wont stop me but I wasn't a fan of the URD Endurance mod. So just wanted some advice/feedback
especially:
Feel (suspension, fore aft weight transfer)
Setup Changes (do they feel real does it all make sense)
anything else?
Cheers guys

IMPORTANT

Due to maintenance, the server shall be unavailable this evening as well as for the duration of tomorrow (Monday 8th December). Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

We expect the server to be back online between at some point between midnight and 9am on Tuesday.

Last edited:
I cant make this one (away) but would someone who has experienced this mod be so kind as to do a short precis on this mod/these cars. I know if the club scene works out there might be something next year and haven't got it yet and 6.5 euro wont stop me but I wasn't a fan of the URD Endurance mod. So just wanted some advice/feedback
especially:
anything else?
Cheers guys
The T5 mod is a lot different than the EGT cars.Not as easy i would say,harder to drive at the limit.Rear end is a handful at times gets very twitchy if you don't handle the car right.Car seems very stiff and not a lot of weight transfer that you can really feel.It will respond to setup changes but is probably a bit more quirky like the EGT cars.The mod is actually a lot of fun but i never seemed to figure out these cars in past races i have done.I seem to always be of the pace more than i expect to be in these cars.I am not a fan of DRS so that is another reason i don't do these cars much.Probably worth the money i guess.If nothing else they are fun offline against ai.

I guess i will sign up for this,should be some fun even if its at the back of the field.

Easy to drive, hard to master describes it pretty well ;)
It's hard to find the limit and not overdrive the car. That needs some practice for sure. I know this really well cause about 1-2 years ago i were pretty fast with this car, lately i tried it out once again and it was really hard to get to the limit as it feels so fast anyway with this car. Great Sound with the latest Version btw, i like that :)

especially:
anything else?
Cheers guys

Sorry David, I was planning to leave you some feedback earlier, but I've been so busy with track editing for this race that I never managed to get around to it. :rolleyes:

As Matt and Christian have said these cars are tricky to master. The mod is completely different from the EGT mod in my opinion, but thankfully for the better. The cars feel rather stiff - very much the same way they look when you watch real-life DTM - which makes them quite twitchy but also responsive. The rear has a tendency to step out under acceleration if you floor it (mainly due to the torque), or if the car becomes unsettled through a corner (either due to hitting a curb too hard, or the track being uneven); you've got to thread the throttle like a needle to make sure you keep the car in the right direction. They are surprisingly quick - much more so than I was expecting when I first tried them - and they employ DRS to boot (not that I actually use it). The effect of setup changes are predictable, which is always helpful (I've developed what is in my opinion a fairly solid base setup that I'll be more than happy to share with you :thumbsup: - I'm certain you'll be able to tweak it and make some more improvements). I've never experienced understeer in these cars either, unlike the EGT mod; they are well balanced, but will oversteer if you push them too hard. From my experience, they are pretty good with their tires (certainly in the dry, but I'm not sure about the wet); however, I can't comment as to whether or not the tire wear, heating and life are realistic - it's probably worth getting the opinion of the pros regarding this. ;) However, I can conclusively say that the cars are a lot of fun. And finally it's always nice when they look and sound decent as well. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%