1999 VRC IndyCar @ Indianapolis

I don't usually post setups for top-tier single seaters, because they go so hellishly fast that I spend too much time worrying about keeping them on the road, leaving too little time to feel how well they're sticking to the road. I post this setup not because I claim any mastery of VRC's tantalizing 1999 IndyCar (with the oval-track kit) but because of the version of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway I tested it on. I must have a half-dozen vers of the fabled Brickyard (including one named "Brickyard") but this ver, labelled simply "aa_ims" is far and away the best, in terms of overall production values, but specifically wrt AI and cameras (thanks to Baeda's add-on). My setup is hardly definitive (my best lap wouldn't have made the grid of the '99 500), but it does follow Indy-Car practice by reserving 6th gear as an 'economy' gear if you find yourself leading after 190 laps. OTOH, this setup is for only a 10-lap race at 90% boost (they didn't have Push-to-Pass in those days, so 100% boost was pretty much for qualy and desperate lunges). IIWY, I would double the fuel load and try a 20-lap AI race and think about ways you could improve it.

Attachments

• Indy_02-19-2021.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Thanks for the great contribution. But there is something in your words that has caught my attention [the version of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway I tested]. Please tell me where I can get a good version of the Indianapolis oval for AC. Even if it is paid. I have a track that doesn't even have a pitstop, and as much as I have searched, I have not been able to get one.

Sure. There's a source, "aa" (I have no idea who this is, but he/she/it does great work), mostly ovals, some combo oval/infield road circuits, a couple of pure road circuits. If you poke around on the Interwebs, you should be able to find it. If not, shoot me a PM and I will send you a link (I think RD's rules prevent me from blurting it out).

The best thing about "aa_indy" is the fully functioning AI. I must have tried a dozen or so iterations of the Speedway, but aa's is about the only one that will allow you to run an offline race without issues. Some don't even time your laps. Only one regret: aa's Indy has only a few camera positions; maybe I can persuade DaBaeda to whip up some more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back