1999 Volvo S40 BTCC

Cars 1999 Volvo S40 BTCC 0.7.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
For clarification, Michelins racing slicks are all labelled with Pilot Sport aswell...its just their branding name for high performance road tyres, semi slick tyres and full race tyres (like Yokohama uses Advan, Bridgestone uses Potenza etc. on both their performance road tyres and full race slicks)
The current Porche Cup tyre even has it in the sidewall sticker now
Ah. Thank you for the clarification :)

Minor gripe with the texture mapping; the exhaust has the whole car body's map wrapped inside of it. Not exactly a deal-breaker for people who drive in cockpit view or In-Game photographers who do action shots, but for people who want to do up-close detail shots for this car it can be distracting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_pm3dm_volvo_s40_btcc_ks_nordschleife_23-4-121-17-15-54.jpg
    Screenshot_pm3dm_volvo_s40_btcc_ks_nordschleife_23-4-121-17-15-54.jpg
    726.3 KB · Views: 112
The car is really just fantastic, but the specs (power, weight) don't seem to match the actual BTCC entry. Is this on purpose to make this just good to drive?
The data listed in the UI file is incorrect; if you're using the Content Manager (which you probably should since it doesn't have the data limit of the base Kunos launcher) you can correct the UI information directly from there.

Hi guys,
I really love this car and was wondering if with an hypothetical update, maybe, it would be possible to get animated wipers to drive with the rain ?
Thank you ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I really love this car and was wondering if with an hypothetical update, maybe, it would be possible to get animated wipers to drive with the rain ?
Thank you ;)
once the rain FX will be something that's available to most players, it will be more likely for us to add this

if people really wanted, I'm sure they could add their own wipers through the extension.ini , but yes, it will be done at some point

@Peterpan6666 this is what the windshield looks like on my end, it looks like it's actually missing the interior texture all together
1642223615792.png

Last edited:
Fix for distracting reflections in the transparent darker section of the sun visor, add these lines to \extension\ext_config.ini file at the bottom

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]

ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = S40_CKPT_WIND_SUB0
IS_RENDERABLE = 0
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

Fix for distracting reflections in the transparent darker section of the sun visor, add these lines to \extension\ext_config.ini file at the bottom

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]

ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = S40_CKPT_WIND_SUB0
IS_RENDERABLE = 0
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1
Thanks! I added the above and no more reflections in VR, much better to drive now. It did however remove both of the Visor areas. I guess there is no way to keep the top visor with this fix?

The data listed in the UI file is incorrect; if you're using the Content Manager (which you probably should since it doesn't have the data limit of the base Kunos launcher) you can correct the UI information directly from there.
It also made me wonder, so found some info on the web (according to cyanracing(dot)com) it has 975 kg and 320 hp.

Hi there, reasonably new to all of this.
Love this car, however the driver's eye seating position is on the incorrect side.
This is in the Richards car.
How can I fix this?
You can use "first person camera" in AC Apps (helmet icon), and use left/right arrows to change it, then click 'save'. Don't know if it is the same as 'driver's eyes view' but I race from this cam. It is he second interrior cam.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%