1999 Volvo S40 BTCC

Cars 1999 Volvo S40 BTCC 0.7.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can someone make the Bathurst 1000 1998 skin? Rydell and Richards in the #40 and Harvey and Nilsson (I think) in the #4

I’ve driven this a lot today, it’s simply perfect. Love it.
You mean like this...
98 Bathurst Vovlo.jpg

Great car as always!

Not sure if it's my settings, but in VR I have a strange reflection at the top of the windscreen in cockpit view in one eye only which is a big distraction as my brain can't figure out why 1 eye is seeing something different from the other eye. I do run CM+CSP.

Awesome! Is it faster than the bimmer and primera in the straights or is just the AI I was racing against being slow?
The AI BMW drivers are super slow. Particularly noticeable if you’re driving a BMW too. I had to add loads of ballast to my own car to slow myself down a bit. But then the Nissan drivers pit relentlessly haha. I’m sure all this will be tuned and finessed over time but the fact remains they’re all absolutely fantastic to drive. We couldn’t have asked for more.

The AI BMW drivers are super slow. Particularly noticeable if you’re driving a BMW too. I had to add loads of ballast to my own car to slow myself down a bit. But then the Nissan drivers pit relentlessly haha. I’m sure all this will be tuned and finessed over time but the fact remains they’re all absolutely fantastic to drive. We couldn’t have asked for more.

Maybe it's just that. I never really race against AI. Made an exception for these cars! I did notice them dabbing the brakes for no reason a few times.
I'll try set them up for a club race in about 3 weeks. We have a few lads there that will push it to the limit and we can compare times to the primera and bimmer.

Maybe it's just that. I never really race against AI. Made an exception for these cars! I did notice them dabbing the brakes for no reason a few times.
I'll try set them up for a club race in about 3 weeks. We have a few lads there that will push it to the limit and we can compare times to the primera and bimmer.
Yeh I think in terms of drivability they’re pretty close. I did a lap of Bathurst in the BMW and the Volvo back to back, times are pretty much the same!

Club race would be amazing.

Nissan has wrong fuel consumption, something that will be addressed with new update

Hey Patrik. I too have an issue using VR with the reflection of the windshield banner (as another user above mentioned). It basically acts like a huge mirror and is really distracting. Any idea if it's a problem on my end? If not, I'll patiently wait for a fix. Great work by the way, the car drives great!

I'm using CSP 1.73

Hey Patrik. I too have an issue using VR with the reflection of the windshield banner (as another user above mentioned). It basically acts like a huge mirror and is really distracting. Any idea if it's a problem on my end? If not, I'll patiently wait for a fix. Great work by the way, the car drives great!

I'm using CSP 1.73
if I recall correctly, the windows banner for the interior hasn't been redone , so it's just a copy of the exterior one, which means it's getting reflection

it was planned to be done when we add the INT glass setup

Amazing mod!

Sounds good from exterior but maybe a bit 'thin' when inside the car? i'd love a bit more punch to the sound internally. This might also be more due to AC itself as the sound department never been very intriguing for me. For example, NA cars in something like Dirt Rally has this gut punch type of sound when you rev up the BMW M3. You almost feel it in your bones. In AC doing the same is just.... nothing. It sounds so... thin.

Another question about tires btw, havent been on AC for a very long time but Pilot Sport's doesnt seem very much like Super Touring slicks? Are we limited to using sporty road tires?

Amazing mod!

Sounds good from exterior but maybe a bit 'thin' when inside the car? i'd love a bit more punch to the sound internally. This might also be more due to AC itself as the sound department never been very intriguing for me. For example, NA cars in something like Dirt Rally has this gut punch type of sound when you rev up the BMW M3. You almost feel it in your bones. In AC doing the same is just.... nothing. It sounds so... thin.

Another question about tires btw, havent been on AC for a very long time but Pilot Sport's doesnt seem very much like Super Touring slicks? Are we limited to using sporty road tires?

Hi,

I dont understand your comment about the tyre, can you elaborate?

Amazing mod!

See, the interior sound to me sounds just like the onboards used to. Nigh on perfect!

Amazing mod!

That's just UI name, you can call it anything, if that's what you are reacting to

Hi,

I dont understand your comment about the tyre, can you elaborate?

Michelin Pilot Sports are in my mind road tires, but I assume in-game they are actually equivalent of racing slicks then? :)

Yeah, thank you Patrik. Just a UI name thing then. All good

Last edited:
Michelin Pilot Sports are in my mind road tires, but I assume in-game they are actually equivalent of racing slicks then? :)

Yeah, thank you Patrik. Just a UI name thing then. All good
For clarification, Michelins racing slicks are all labelled with Pilot Sport aswell...its just their branding name for high performance road tyres, semi slick tyres and full race tyres (like Yokohama uses Advan, Bridgestone uses Potenza etc. on both their performance road tyres and full race slicks)
The current Porsche Cup tyre even has it in the sidewall sticker now

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%