AC 1999 Nissan Primera @ Thruxton - Sunday 26 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Craig Dunkley
Hi. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to participate in this race. A friend from high school came back from England and he will leave tonight and he will be my guest tonight. I just heard from him. I know it's less than an hour until the race, but I can't make it.
Even if I somehow finish before the race, I have too less practice with this car and with the track to race. I just don't want to be an obstacle on the track.

Mate you will never be an obstacle in any event ..these are friendly club races and hopefully they will help you improve, everybody has to start somewhere.

Thanks for letting me know and hope to see you again soon ...please do not worry about the times some very experienced drivers can do, they will help out as much as they can :thumbsup: ..jump in there car and watch them :thumbsup:

Hey Craig @Craig Dunkley , huge thanks for putting on tonight's race as always, you do us proud my friend. Indeed, my loins are stirred... it's been a good while:roflmao:

Thanks @Asterix James for such a great and amazingly fair race, stunning consistency from you, which was really bloody annoying :p :laugh: ... and a great view of kerb hopping and sideways stuff, awesome, even the Missus enjoyed the replay!:confused:

Such a pleasure to race with all of you guys (well, perhaps there was one naughty boy:whistling:), this place, aka Craig's events:thumbsup:, has become a race community where if you're involved in an incident you're confident it wasn't intentional - simply great racing:);)

EDIT: Forgot to say, if it helps anyone, I used the Brands setup in post #20 in this thread - from memory I reduced front arb by one, diff setting feels great, mediums didn't last long, hards were super consistent but fell off a cliff after 15 - 18 minutes on tonight's combo.

EDIT 2: Just tried uploading results to Simresults.net and it's not working again, if anyone can upload I'd really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well, that was intense! Thanks @Medilloni, that was a cracking race. Close and fair with the lead swapping around. One of the best I've had here.

Yesterday after having done a couple of laps, hating the way it felt, saw that @Ronnie Böhme had done a 1:13 something on the practice server and I was close to sacking it. Had a few more laps today and over lunch watched some real footage of the actual 1999 race. Came back with renewed optimism and started working the car the way they were on the telly.

Really pleased to get pole and then the race was full on from the start, thankfully didn't miss the pit box, which I normally do, and had to really play clever to keep John behind when I rejoined.

Was lucky to capitalise on a mistake and managed to get a bit of clear air until @shmuga came into play. I understand he's new but the fundamental of blue flags and keeping an eye out for being lapped needs to be drummed into him because he blocked multiple times and basically ended the race for the leading group three laps early as we had to dance to his tune. Thankfully the others are gents and wouldn't challenge while I was being held up, and hit, by this guy.

@Craig Dunkley thanks mate. Cracking combo and thanks for hosting.

Oh, and it was the inaugural race for my new Fanatec CSW V2.5 wheel set up. I put on the BMW rim to get the old school vibe.

Pleased it won on its first outing.
It's amazing, such a game changer.

Glad you had some fun guys, that is always the main priority.

@Asterix what can I say? he is the first driver I have ever had to sadly kick from the server, I was sat beside you when all this took place, how you was not taken out is beyond me, I felt bad for it and I am sorry you had to experience that.

I love to see new drivers, I really do, I wish more would join us, this is what club racing is all about, but you must know the fundamentals of racing..see a blue flag on your screen, means slow down and make it as easy as possible for the leaders to pass you, your reactions tonight will do nothing, but make enemies for yourself.

I hope to see you all again next week :thumbsup:

Many congratulations to the winners ...thanks for being a true gent @Medilloni I know you could have taken @Asterix (because of the blue flag chiganions) but you stayed behind and took second place :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh, and it was the inaugural race for my new Fanatec CSW V2.5 wheel set up. I put on the BMW rim to get the old school vibe.

Pleased it won on its first outing.
It's amazing, such a game changer.

May the flees of a thousand camels infect your Fanatec :p

Interesting you say this James "...watched some real footage of the actual 1999 race. Came back with renewed optimism and started working the car the way they were on the telly", I did the same and it hit me that the way they monstered the kerbs with off or neutral power at the chicanes to keep momentum was key to a good lap.:) Had a couple of races here (in a previous life) and on the track layout then you'd ruin the lap doing the same:O_o:

Last edited:
Sorry about those incidents and ruining anyone else’s race.
It was my first online race and I was a little overwhelmed.
And to be totally honest I didn’t know what the blue flag meant :sick:
OK.ignoring I've seen you on public servers but OK.

What about TeamSpeak? I could tell by the attitude of the car that you were fully committed as we got close so gave fair and clear warning that we were approaching and lapping? We could hear you clanking and stuff, assuming Voice activated. Everyone else heard me.

Sorry to pester you guys, but if any of you have the .json file of last night's race results, please could you upload it to Simresults.net?:)

For anyone not aware, file path is: documents>Assetto Corsa>out and the file name is race_out.json

I've tried without success so emailed the very nice guy that runs Simresults (Maurice) and he said my file is empty, so the problem is at my end:cry: (seems I'll have to upload the file before closing AC down in future).

Huge thanks to anyone that can help, and yes, I'm a sad bar steward that likes to keep results for posterity:geek:.... and my boys will never believe I got my first fastest lap, woohoo :p:roflmao:

I've tried without success so emailed the very nice guy that runs Simresults (Maurice) and he said my file is empty, so the problem is at my end:cry: (seems I'll have to upload the file before closing AC down in future).
Yup, AC has an infuriating habit of wiping the race entries from the file when the game rolls over to the next session (e.g. back to practice). Bizarrely, the JSON file can hold multiple practice and qually sessions, but as soon as it swaps sessions you lose ALL the race data. So a 2-race session always dumps the first race from the JSON file (the only workaround I know of is to quit the game and rejoin after copying the JSON, before race 2 gets under way!).

NB: we don't like our racers' real names being put out there on the internet, so please don't post the raw JSON to Simresults.net. There's a name stripper web page at https://www.spudbucket.co.uk/jsonproc/ for which I can supply the username/password on request [edit: ah hell, I'll just put them here: rd/rd]. It removes all but the first character of surnames, which seems like a suitable way of preserving privacy. Obviously, on this occasion I won't personally be affected, cos I forgot to set my real name! :redface::roflmao::ninja:

Last edited:
....... https://www.spudbucket.co.uk/jsonproc/ for which I can supply the username/password on request [edit: ah hell, I'll just put them here: rd/rd]. It removes all but the first character of surnames, which seems like a suitable way of preserving privacy. Obviously, on this occasion I won't personally be affected, cos I forgot to set my real name! :redface::roflmao::ninja:
Thanks Neil, really appreciated - I totally forgot about naming names!:ninja::redface: So next time I'll try this before closing AC:thumbsup:
That was an amazing lap btw! (And given your pace I'm stunned that it was your first.)
Thanks again, though to be honest it was from watching @Asterix James when he was in front of me through the tight right/left after the first corner... he was carrying stonking speed onto the quick bits after there... luckily I could copy some of it:sneaky:

And hey, it's great to see you again!:)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back