1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Circumstances had it that I'm yet again back on Primera for some final touches, and since I'm at it, I was wondering if you guys have any issues with the model/textures/shaders that you would like me to look into ?
seems pretty spot on to me

only comments:
driver head should be hidden (driver3d.ini) - guessing it may have already been sorted
the seating position feels kind of awkward in vr, like you are a really short person pressed right up against the steering wheel
brake lights could maybe emit a bit more glare
edit: perhaps the footwell is a bit too well lit, would expect it to be darker

looking forward to the update :)

Last edited:
the seating position feels kind of awkward in vr, like you are a really short person pressed right up against the steering wheel

that's kind of exactly what it is, but there isn't really more room for sitting further away from the wheel, so it led me to assumption that they didn't have the best seating position in those cars
until someone can prove me wrong, I suppose that's what I'm going to go with

talked with the team and one of the cool potential updates will be the plate on the rear rims , so that the rims will be unique between front and rear ;)

and also, I will try to figure out new backfires to create something more in-line with latest on Kunos cars

the driver thing .. this is probably - yet again - courtesy of Kunos updating their driver model, so they renamed some parts and it no longer gets hidden :-/
which reminds me that they also changed UV mapping, so I can't re-use driver suits ... so yep, something I will have to update as well :-/

hopefully AC v1.8 won't change things yet again

They did always sit right up close to the wheel in the Nissan's in particular in those days so the seating position is probably about right

thank you! yeah I really think it should be close to fine, I might tweak it a tiny bit althought that would mean new driver animation and I don't really think it worth it

maybe after I try it myself on Rift, I might change my opinion

engine is getting update,
also part of this update will most likely be new rims for the rear, with the plates on them, which is somewhat signature thing for super tourers,
I will also rework driver skins (again) , hopefully kunos will keep them the same for a while

6716AFCD506FB11FC58EE4687D3AAD28688AF0AE

That looks stunning! All the opening parts are for the showroom purposes ?
Or can it be animated after an accident as well and/or lose the parts ?
(fun fact; i drive a 99 primera...just, less stickers, and maybe less power as well p)

That looks stunning! All the opening parts are for the showroom purposes ?
Or can it be animated after an accident as well and/or lose the parts ?
(fun fact; i drive a 99 primera...just, less stickers, and maybe less power as well p)

Bit of both; the animations are just for showroom purposes (also now we have the ability to add 'extra_animations' with up to 3 separate buttons to assign).
However, because the panels are hooked up to proper dummys, its very easy to make them 'open' after damage. They can't really open properly, but you have a small degree of flexibility (here is a couple examples, see the bonnet and doors slightly open after a crash).

For your Caterham, you could have the bonnet crack open when damaged, wheelarches etc.

In AC currently no, not to a degree where you could detach it

It will be re-used elsewhere though and who knows maybe Kunos will update it one day ( eventhough I doubt that, it would mean lot of additional work)

So, the damage part is a different mes. Meaning if you have a transparent one, it would be as if you lost the part. Except it won't fall and will simply disappear...

not possible, damage in AC is done with textures only ( excluding aplha channel stuff) , so you can't really do this

again, to make this more clear, adding this detail to the cars, as seen from AC point of view, will be only ever seen in showroom,

however, having this detail there will be good for me portfolio, and also for other sims that support more advanced damage model where you will see this detail , and therefore it needs to be added at some point

Just to follow on from Patrik's post..

Whilst progress has been slower than we would ideally like at PM3DM, we haven't stopped working on the cars. Work is still progressing on the BMW and Altis SP3. In the meantime we are putting together the finishing touches to a much needed update to the Primera with new sounds, massive physics update and an updated model from Patrik. Hope to release this year, or maybe early 2017.

Recordings have been re-worked and we have used some different samples taken from the real car.

Preview of new sounds.

I lohe this car and i hope that some other touring cars will find their way into this game.
I know that you worked on a 320i right? What about that car :)
Keep up the good work!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years