1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
the sound problem is quite familiar and I thought so is the way to fix it.
if you are using sounds from Kunos, you can "easily" fix it yourself

I'm planning to post a new update, but I'm waiting for Kunos to release new update, so that I don't have to re-release fix in case it gets broken again

to fix sounds for ALL MODDED cars, using ANY KUNOS car sounds do this

> locate latest GUID.TXT , you should find one somewhere in system/sounds ( sorry, don't have AC here, can't tell you exactly )
> copy GUID.TXT into the car sounds folder and replace the one that's there already
> copy sound.bank file of your chosen car into the modded car and rename the file so that it matches the kn5 file name ( say BMW_E30_M3.bank to NISSAN_PRIMERA_BTCC.bank)
> edit the GUID.TXT file and replace all "source car" with "target car" ( search/replace "BMW_E30_M3" to "NISSAN_PRIMERA_BTCC") ( it will replace also things like _DTM, _GrA but that doesn't matter)
> DONE, lauch game and enjoy

this can fix any car and any sound
if it doesn't work you have done one of the following mistakes
- don't have latest GUID.txt ( or you haven't edited it and/or haven't replaced all entries )
- don't have latest sound.bank file
- your file names don't match your car name

let me know if you can't get it to work
Any chance of a fuller explanation of this procedure? I'm having trouble following it

almost ready for update.
Still some small tweaks on the physics, but it's all gettting there

08E6E76725D6286073A7EE5101D6B2CBD144F99D

Patrik Marek updated 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC with a new update entry:

new high res interior and sounds

full package update
- new sounds
- fixes and tweaks on model and textures
- new high detail interior
- new driver animations
- new UI preview images
- new crew textures
- additional skin

still WIP on physics, pending updates which will be postponed after AC patch 1.5

you can delete your old car or replace all files with these ( don't forget to backup skins)

there is now new texture, INT_metalDetail.dds, that controls color of the interior. You can also change color of seatbelts.
Just...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I did slight mistake with the archive file, the car is directly in content folder, but it should be in cars subfolder. i'm sure most of you can figure this out, but I will post update non-the less
Sorry about that

Patrik Marek updated 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC with a new update entry:

car in archive is now in correct sub folder

Probably not complain for most, but the car in the archive was directly in the content folder, missing "cars" subfolder, that is fixed now

also small tweaks to sounds by Fonsecker

you do not necessary have to re-download it, becuase changes vs 05a are small
this is mostly for new people who might be confused by missing of the car folder

it was also brought up that the brake balance adjustment in cockpit didn't work - it did work for me so no issue there

Read the rest of this update entry...

hi patrick, I just installed the latest version of the Nissan and I have no sound.
could you help me solve the probême.merci.

edit:
ok I found the problem was just my sound card stopped working.
thank you for this beautiful car.

Last edited:
Just downloaded this after watching some mega BTCC races at Knockhill today, bit late to the party I know :cool:

Awesome stuff, only problem is with Brake Bias; Its limited to 69 (front), which in this car is just not enough, the rears lock a lot at this point. Changing the setup.ini Brake Bias to max 75 or 80 does the job :)

Brilliant model too btw.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years