1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
So yes, the car will have some considerable FFB differences over previous releases, due to changes with the suspension and diff. We adjusted the front behavior based on drivers comments about what the car is like to drive whilst on the throttle.

Being on the throttle in these cars actually helped the car turn due to the "tug" from the diff when applying the power during cornering. Is this implementation perfect? I dare say not, but its pretty consistent with the drivers spoken to.

Other changes;
- Kerb hopping should now be somewhat easier (forgiveable).
- Nose dips now under braking and high aero load - be careful with front splitter height as it can "stall".
- Small rev limit change
- New power map thanks to Judd Engines
- Wheelspin should be more prevalent. Take care applying power out of slow corners.

We do have some more ideas on things we want to explore on the Nissan notably a braking change, however when tested it didn't really work. Basically it involved limiting the available max torque to the rear axle mimicking the smaller discs and pads at the rear. This idea is still WIP.
We would like to do something as the BMW and Audi will (should) have better braking properties (in theory). Currently the BMW brakes really well with more bias to the rear.

Last edited:
Ffb feels good to me. Usually I drop the strenght approx 20 points in individual car ffb setup but this feels nice out of the box.

Overall very nice car. Thanks to all involved.

Hi, folks.

I've downloaded the new version and the WinRAR is not winraring the file (say it's not compatible or is corrupted), but other RAR and ZIP files are working just fine. Win10 here.

Cheers!

as some of you know, I'm not too involved in physics, as I don't have access to my steering wheel, but I have to say that even on gamepad, the update feels so much better. Car is more alive, but still controllable

the hardest thing about the car is to keep heat in rear tires, while not overdriving the fronts, I think that using Medium or hard compound makes this easier to handle :)

as always, thanks a lot for all the suggestions & feedback,
no feedback will be left un-noticed, as we believe that there is something to be learned from it

as Ben said, once BMW and Audi is more there, we wouldn't be surprised if Nissan physics will be touched again, it's obviously very tricky with the amount of data we have
but, car does seem to behave in a way that was described by drivers of these cars, so I really don't think we are far off

this really motivates me personally, to work some more on the other cars to get them released. which includes the Porsche991 that I was really struggling to work on, since cockpits are not my cup of tea

Very nice mod... I've tested on some tracks. But the ffb reaction on a Drive Force GT is awkward... it's like the caster is too near zero... it's too soft when steering wheel is near it's center and get very heavy (making the "reduce your FFB force" warning appear"). Even for a DFGT it's out pf pattern.

Why the car`s name was changed?
good point! forget to mention it

car name was changed, so that all our cars are close to each other in the cars folder, which makes it easier to edit / work on them

at one point we did also change their brand in UI to be PM3DM, but then we - after some feedback - went back to keeping these in their original brands, and pm3dm is used as tag instead

of course currently it doesn't make much of difference for you guys, since you only have Primera, but for us, where we have 6-8 folders, it makes it easier :)

Seems great, thanks for all the hard work all :)

Any thoughts on looking into adjusting the rear/brake lights? they seem super dim compared to other cars, which with the shaders patch for night racing becomes even more apparent.

Seems great, thanks for all the hard work all :)

Any thoughts on looking into adjusting the rear/brake lights? they seem super dim compared to other cars, which with the shaders patch for night racing becomes even more apparent.
I haven't looked at the night mod, since it's not official part of AC

I don't really like how the rear lights are done in AC, if you make them bright, they lose lot of the color/detail , these are already quite a bit stronger I belive , but since we might be updating physics yet again , with better tire wear, I can take another look at this

the thing is , at some point we really have to focus on other cars :)
and you can always unpack the data.acd and weak the colors to you liking :) as long as people won't release any of the tweaks they make, nothing is stopping them with messing with the files

While I appreciate all the work that went into the upgrade, I don't really like the new FFB.

At the settings I use for all the cars (65% Gain, no effects) the FFB is very heavy, interestingly without being close to clipping, and without giving much detail. It also feels very notchy and it makes my wheel shake a lot in places where it shouldn't. Lowering the multiplier to 75% helped a bit but I'm not convinced yet. I'll play around with it a bit more and see if I can find settings that I like.

Thanks for your continued work @Patrik Marek and @Ben Lee :)

Thanks for your comments Gevatter.
Obviously we are trying to achieve the greatest possible accuracy given the limited information we have. The comments from the drivers were as follows;

- Steering gets lighter as you put the power on
- Being on the power helps to turn the car
- Initial power application tucks in the nose
- Wheelspin at all steering angles below 80-100kph

The FFB is different and it is heavier, I agree, however I find that it communicates what the car is doing in a pretty good way. I can tell when the car is understeering and oversteering. Is it perfect? Probably not, however if we can improve it we will try.

Speaking about the car in general there are a few aspects I would like to change but not sure if it’s possible. I think we have achieved some of the above, but probably not all. The wheelspin I don’t think is quite there, however if we reduced the longitudinal grip of the tyre any further we would then have braking issues. We adjusted a few parameters to try and encourage more wheelspin but it didn’t really do much. What we hope to achieve is that the FWD cars will wear out their fronts if; you drive badly or if car setup isn’t more “forgiving”. We have to build in these disadvantages to the FWD cars so that the BMW and Audi stand a chance of being competitive, as around a normal lap, the Nissan should be faster. FWD cars will always wear out their fronts first and will always suffer more front tyre wear than RWD or AWD.

With all the work we are doing on the tyres and balancing the cars as realistically as possible, they should be a decent match over a race distance. We are currently working on the 3 compounds tyre wear as this will be key to balancing the cars. We want to push the FWD cars more towards the medium tyre so that the BMW can use the soft tyre over a race distance and gain speed from that.

The Audi should have massive (perfect?) traction out of slow corners, so this is where it should win big over the FWD cars that *should be* spinning their wheels at this point. It will then suffer at the end of long straights due to its relatively poor engine at the top end and greater drivetrain losses. A great deal of its speed will come from corner exits as whilst the engine wasn’t great at the top, it had very good low and mid-range torque.

The BMW is at a very early stage in physics terms. We have kinda started over again as the initial direction we went in produced some unsolvable problems.

Thank you @Ben Lee for elaborating. I like how the car handles, and how its characteristics fight me any chance they get :) I agree on the most realistic solution being the best, to a degree - it must still be playable with a wheel like mine. Luckily, the FFB in any sim can be adjusted, and that's what I did. I did a lot of laps around several Kunos tracks with the Nissan today, and I found a FFB level that I really like, around 70% multiplier. I also found that the harder the tyres, the better the steering becomes for me, because of course a harder tyre has less overall grip. I'm sure I'll be adjusting it up or down a few percent in the future, but I like it quite a lot now. I like a car you have to come to terms with. Now begins the phase of trying not to look like I'm going backwards compared to the AI. I'm eagerly awaiting the Nissan's playmates :)

I have only just started trying this car out and it's amazing. I can't believe a FWD touring car could be this easy to drive at speed.

I made a custom skin, which works well (thanks for the very good template pack), but my driver's suit is not updated by changing the skin.ini. The crew's uniforms are all set correctly, but the driver always shows up in a white suit and black helmet. I see that the few custom skins have their own custom driver suits. Is this required, or is there some additional trickery to get the skin.ini settings to affect the driver?

I have only just started trying this car out and it's amazing. I can't believe a FWD touring car could be this easy to drive at speed.

I made a custom skin, which works well (thanks for the very good template pack), but my driver's suit is not updated by changing the skin.ini. The crew's uniforms are all set correctly, but the driver always shows up in a white suit and black helmet. I see that the few custom skins have their own custom driver suits. Is this required, or is there some additional trickery to get the skin.ini settings to affect the driver?
I belive that to get the different suit for driver, you have to include updated texture in the skin folder, there should be some in few skins we provided, so just make sure to match that texture mapping and the name, and it should show up in your skin

I don't recall editing anything in skin.ini would give you differnt texture, ... is this a content manager thing btw?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back