rF2 McLaren MP4/13 @ Suzuka (Matsusaka) - Mon 18th April 2022 *Introducing Single-Seater Mondays!*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
McLaren MP4-13.jpg

Welcome to a brand new event on Race Department - rFactor 2 Single-Seater Mondays! The world of single-seater racing is going to grace our Monday evenings, so let's start with a bang! The McLaren MP4/13 is the legendary dominant car which carried Mika Hakkinen to his first Formula One title, and Suzuka was the final circuit on that year's calendar, and the venue in which he won the title. Are you up for the challenge of recreating that Grand Prix?

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: blueflag]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OWS

Car(s):

• McLaren MP4/13, McLaren MP4/13 Shadow - [STEAM]
Track: Matsusaka 2015 [STEAM]
Layout:
Matsusaka Grand Prix Circuit
Track Temperature: 25°C
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared) (My Baseline setup)
Start Type: Standing Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day.
Weather: Sunny
ABS/TC: Traction Control allowed (I'm going to be kind for the first event in this monster)

Schedule: (EU) Monday 18th April 2022 *Starting 1 hour earlier than usual*
Practice: 18:00 UTC (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:10 UTC (30 minutes)
Warm Up: 18:40 UTC
(5 minutes)
Race: 18:45 UTC (53 Laps)
Time Zone converter

1649615595587.png
INFORMATION & BASIC RULES

• This is a full Grand Prix distance. Be aware of this and plan a pit stop strategy before you start. This was the era of Refuelling, so expect your pitstops to be fuel limited, not tyre limited. Of course, if you do a full tank stint on Soft tyres, you may find yourself running out of grip early, so use Practice to work out how long the compounds last.
  • Please make sure you stick out the race to the end. It'll be a long one, hence the early start, but if you have some disaster, don't feel like it's race over, someone else will inevitably fall away and join you for a battle. If anything, enjoy the honour of driving such an historic car around one of the most lauded circuits to drive in the World!
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. This is a new event format and a new host, I'd like to get a community spirit going in Discord and also have people giving feedback in real time.

DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. David Steinacher*
  3. Michael Rudolf*
  4. Cosimo
  5. Lunar94
  6. ThreeLionz
  7. Ingemar Petersson
  8. Monkey T.
  9. Arkoudadis
  10. Steve Le Gallez
  11. Jasje
  12. Stammeleer
  13. Dean Makovic
  14. wayphaxx
  15. Luca Ciarfella*
  16. Orlando Medley Sr
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
Introduction to Single-Seater Mondays
Single-Seater Mondays is, as it says in the title, events on Monday evenings predominantly in Single-Seater, Open-Wheeled cars. To make it different to our other events, races will be a set number of Laps long, rather than a timed race. An event sill still be calculated so the whole breadth of sessions is completed within 2 hours for a normal event.
  • Faster cars such as Formula 1 and Indycars will run 50% Grand Prix distances.
  • Lower-category cars such as F3 and F4 will run two races of around 25 minutes in length.
  • Formula E races will be set to 70km in length. A full length ePrix is usually timed, but we're going to have enough trouble trying to learn the efficient way of driving them, that setting a distance allows everyone to just focus on driving to a set target per lap.
So what cars are we likely to use?
There are a good bunch of free-to download official cars which I have deemed good to use. These are the cars which you may expect to see in the first few events and rotations. Feel free to download them and do laps to get used to them and give me feedback on how much you're looking forward to using them!
  • McLaren MP4/13 [STEAM]
  • Formula ISI 2012 [STEAM]
  • Indycar Dallara DW12 2014 [STEAM]
  • McLaren MP4/8 [STEAM]
  • Tatuus F.3 T318 [STEAM]
  • Tatuus F.4 T014 [STEAM]
Once we have started to build up a community of Single-Seater madlads, I will begin to introduce some of the official paid DLC mods into the pool of cars. If you own any of these DLC cars and would like to race them, please say so in the discussion so I can begin to build up a picture of how soon to introduce these.
  • INDYCAR - DALLARA IR18
  • FORMULA PRO
  • FORMULA E GEN2 2019-2022 CAR
Of course, if you have any other suggestions of fantastic cars which are out there, feel free to post them below and plead your case. This is a new series for us all, so finding out what the community wants to drive will be very useful for creating big grids.

So, have a good search and get those fingers typing and brush up on your open-wheel skills as we head into the brand new Single-Seater Mondays!

IMPORTANT

New rFactor 2 Release Candidate (RC/Beta Build) released. This is not compatible with stable build. RD servers will run the stable build.
To revert from RC/Beta to stable. Right click on rF2 in Steam, choose "properties" then "Beta" and then "none".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 278 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 248 13.5%