1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC

Cars 1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC 0.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Patrik, I just ran a race in the Nissan Primera, with some BMW 320i and Primera opponents. It seems as though the exterior sounds of the 320i were much louder than the Primera. I'm not sure if you've heard this, or whether I'm hearing it wrong. Just thought I'd mention :) Cheers

Hi Patrik, I just ran a race in the Nissan Primera, with some BMW 320i and Primera opponents. It seems as though the exterior sounds of the 320i were much louder than the Primera. I'm not sure if you've heard this, or whether I'm hearing it wrong. Just thought I'd mention :) Cheers
thank you, this has been already reported and will be adressed in the next update. No ETA on the update though as I'm trying to get Audi more far along

Very good mod! It drives like a dream and I'm very happy with the lighting features (indicators, daytime lights etc). Obviously you're going to work on the interior, in it would it be possible to have the dash lights corresponding to the blinkers and headlights? (potentially check engine if we get engine damage as well). Another feature I would like would be the "flash lights" button that flashes the high beams (like on Kunos C7R and others), and it could flash the centre daytime lights at higher intensity, making it perfectly accurate to a real E36 ;)

Very good mod! It drives like a dream and I'm very happy with the lighting features (indicators, daytime lights etc). Obviously you're going to work on the interior, in it would it be possible to have the dash lights corresponding to the blinkers and headlights? (potentially check engine if we get engine damage as well). Another feature I would like would be the "flash lights" button that flashes the high beams (like on Kunos C7R and others), and it could flash the centre daytime lights at higher intensity, making it perfectly accurate to a real E36 ;)
every button that was in real car, will be there and we will try our best to make it work as in real car

this is a dash we are making, not quite sure what each of those lights are supposed to be
1592208499743.png

Other things to add (which I'm guessing you might be working on) would be wiper animations, hand crossing over the wheel animations (in other words more wheel rotation inside the car) and having the digital dash light up when headlights are on, because currently we can't see anything apart from the shift lights when we're driving at night. I know I am asking a lot but I believe this mod has the potential to be the greatest ever made, and I want to make sure it is!

Why would there be more wheel rotation if the real rack is limited to these degrees so it doesn't damage the fenders (too much) at full lock?
The steering angle is not the problem, I'm talking about the wheel's rotation inside the car. I'm no touring car expert, but I'm guessing it has at least 360 degrees of rotation from lock to lock, but please correct me if I'm wrong! I'm not a dev either, @Patrik Marek knows what he's doing

if anyone has a data that shows otherwise, we would be very happy to tweak things,. But we don't want to go by just pure expectations

that being said I belive for new version we did increase it a little bit, but Kyuubeey is correct, with more steering angles wheels to through fender/wing, so there isn't all that much more room to play

Is it possible to disable the errors messages that appear repeatably in the Assetto Corsa logs (error.log) with this mod?

INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [ENGINE] POSITION
INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_0] OFF_COLOR
INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/digital_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [LED_0] BLINK_SWITCH
INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/digital_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [LED_0] BLINK_HZ

• Deleted member 223075

@blgk simply edit files in data folder. If no data fodler you can extract data.acd by yourself.

Is it possible to disable the errors messages that appear repeatably in the Assetto Corsa logs (error.log) with this mod?

INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [ENGINE] POSITION
INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_0] OFF_COLOR
INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/digital_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [LED_0] BLINK_SWITCH
INIReader: content/cars/pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw/data/digital_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [LED_0] BLINK_HZ
we should fix this on our end too

Didn't wanted to make this announcements but here goes,

People who can't read the install instruction and mark this down in hope of getting attention will be going straight to my ignore list and will never get any replies from me,

I understand that there might be difficulties to get it all to work, but that's why there are install instructions there for you

I'm not all that bothered by lowering the rating,
but I'm fed up with the principle of "let's give this one star and they will help me faster" ,and I will no longer support this behavior

I try to be helpful if I can, but enough is enough. If you have issues, that's where the discussion thread is here for, and if it won't play out of the box, rear the instructions.. that's the least you can do

me and my team spent over 1000 hours on some of our cars ( well, not the BMW, fair enough, but we are easily in 400 hours or so on this one too) , so spending 30 seconds reading the instructions is the least you can do

Last edited:
dont' forget to test out metail_detail addition, for additional effects, such as carbon fiber haha! although looking at this, I neeed to tweak the car shader quite a bit to make this look better

we will push out a small update, mostly fixing few small issues with skins , and the custom shader thing that was in wrong place,
not changes to physics or anything

View attachment 366416

please

how can i make this carbon skin?

Icona di Verificata con community

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline