1997 PPG CART World Series

Skins 1997 PPG CART World Series 0.91

Login or Register an account to download this content
iksmean submitted a new resource:

1997 PPG CART World Series - CART 1997

Experience the 1997 CART cars in AMS2 and for the first time in any sim/game since CART Precision Racing in the late 90s!

Includes more drivers than the F-USA Gen 2 grid currently has, so you will need to swap out some cars using the XML files if you want the ones not used by default.

Drivers that are not used by default are:
#1 Jimmy Vasser
#21 Richie Hearn
#34 Paul Jasper
#34 Charlie Nearburg

Also includes André Ribeiro's LCI livery with Lola and Reynard chassis as he used both that...

Read more about this resource...

only thing I notice is... we have just one car for such a big teams like KOOL GREEN and TARGET Chip Ganassi but two cars for BRAHMA Racing.
but ok.... guess it's probably some kind game limitation or something

only thing I notice is... we have just one car for such a big teams like KOOL GREEN and TARGET Chip Ganassi but two cars for BRAHMA Racing.
but ok.... guess it's probably some kind game limitation or something
Team Green Had only one entry in 1997. They expanded in 1998. But what I thought - maybe it would possible to have R.Hearn's "Raplh's" entry as Lola as well.

Team Green Had only one entry in 1997. They expanded in 1998. But what I thought - maybe it would possible to have R.Hearn's "Raplh's" entry as Lola as well.
thank you for correction about team green
however ganassi had two such an important drivers in vasser and zanardi

all in all - there's 25 cars in game
but 30 car skins in the folders :alien: something's wrong

ok, after some testing, here are the results
missing cars:
Ribeiro - lola chasis
Nearburg
Vasser
Hearn

Jasper

Last edited:
thank you for correction about team green
however ganassi had two such an important drivers in vasser and zanardi

all in all - there's 25 cars in game
but 30 car skins in the folders :alien: something's wrong

ok, after some testing, here are the results
missing cars:
Ribeiro - lola chasis
Nearburg
Vasser
Hearn

Jasper
You can activate these cars by editing the xml-file in the vehicles section. They are all there. But you can not have more than 25 liveries ingame.

You can activate these cars by editing the xml-file in the vehicles section. They are all there. But you can not have more than 25 liveries ingame.
well I know for sure I want Jimmy Vasser in game :)
he was a champion the previous year (thus number 1 on his car:p)
and finished actual 1997 championship on 3rd place !
damn, Reiza should make at least 28 cars available here :unsure:

well I know for sure I want Jimmy Vasser in game :)
he was a champion the previous year (thus number 1 on his car:p)
and finished actual 1997 championship on 3rd place !
damn, Reiza should make at least 28 cars available here :unsure:
For my personal use, I activated Vasser within the Honda group, copied Ribeiro's LCI car to Toyota (I know it is not accurate, but I don't care) and gave it the spot of one of the All American racers. ;)

Last edited:
For my personal use, I activated Vasser within the Honda group, copied Ribeiro's LCI car to Toyota (I know it is not accurate, but I don't care) and gave it the spot of one of the All American racers. ;)
do you care to share here your xml-files that you changed, please ? :geek:

I would have thought having Vasser in by default is a must have. Reigning champion, won a race, 4 other podiums, end of the season in 3rd. I hope this change can be made and backmarkers can be made optional instead. But thanks for the 1997 skins and cars!

I would have thought having Vasser in by default is a must have. Reigning champion, won a race, 4 other podiums, end of the season in 3rd. I hope this change can be made and backmarkers can be made optional instead. But thanks for the 1997 skins and cars!
it's not really iksmean fault, rather Reiza limitation to have just 25 available skins
me and @mungopark have edited xml files and you can do it too
this way we have add Vasser and left out one of the AAR car :)

Hi there! This is an awsome pack, but I really wish Hearn and Jasper's liveries were available on the Lola, as that's what both ran the entire season, though I know Hearn tested a Swift at Fontana but I don't want to remove a Newman-Haas or Penske car to add him.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.7%