1996 PPG Indy Car World Series Skinpack

Skins 1996 PPG Indy Car World Series Skinpack v1.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Like I've said in review section - thank you so much. :thumbsup:
And like I've said... I have made all those onboard cams, Patrick liked them and include in official mod but... later I started to modify them and never actually finish, real life kick in you know... but I think I could do it now, some new some improved onboards, I think they would fit perfectly with this carsets. And if you want them, maybe you can add them in some update, if you planning any. If not... no problem... I'll just made them for myself. :)
Thank you man, once again.
Now, In these hard times... :( back to my childhood. :)

edit:
hm... I see now...
wish you have made a separate "1996" folder and not put them all into same 1998 folder but ok...
it will be fine, I guess. :)

Last edited:
Like I've said in review section - thank you so much. :thumbsup:
And like I've said... I have made all those onboard cams, Patrick liked them and include in official mod but... later I started to modify them and never actually finish, real life kick in you know... but I think I could do it now, some new some improved onboards, I think they would fit perfectly with this carsets. And if you want them, maybe you can add them in some update, if you planning any. If not... no problem... I'll just made them for myself. :)
Thank you man, once again.
Now, In these hard times... :( back to my childhood. :)

edit:
hm... I see now...
wish you have made a separate "1996" folder and not put them all into same 1998 folder but ok...
no problem, my pleasure! funnily enough i looked for a camera mod before releasing for personal use but didnt find one which I thought had existed.
I do not remember exactly but I think I did not use a separate 1996 folder as it would have meant reuploading the original mod files? I never actually tested it i think though so I may try it this week at some point, certainly nicer on the file structure to do it like that.
No guarantees but theres a small possibility i make some 1996 indy lights skins for an f3 car or something. Been thinking about it. we'll see in the next few months haha

edit:
hm... I see now...
That's I've been writing a few days back...
I'll tell you what have I done,
since I love to my files and folders be in perfect order, can't help myself... long story... :D
I did made separate folder in CART extreme cars folder, and I had already there folders "1998 season" and "1999 season" (which someone made and upload here) and now this one - "1996", and voila... everything is just working fine.
One thing I had to do though...
I copy/paste ALL files from those folders, for each chassis you know... reynard 1998 to reynard 1996 etc.

You guys can do that to, maybe even you won't have problems with missing stuff anymore.
Worth the try.

Btw Flipdo... :sneaky:
I read you been thing about some 1996 indy light series skin perhaps, then how about CART 1997 ? :rolleyes:
That's actually my season, since that season was presented in CART Precision racing game.
Now, how about that ? :D
You can say no just don't hit me. :x3:

Last edited:
That's I've been writing a few days back...
I'll tell you what have I done,
since I love to my files and folders be in perfect order, can't help myself... long story... :D
I did made separate folder in CART extreme cars folder, and I had already there folders "1998 season" and "1999 season" (which someone made and upload here) and not this one - "1996", and voila... everything is just working fine.
One thing I had to do though...
I copy/paste ALL files from those folders, for each chassis you know... reynard 1998 to reynard 1996 etc.

You guys can do that to, maybe even you won't have problems with missing stuff anymore.
Worth the try.

Btw Flipdo... :sneaky:
I read you been thing about some 1996 indy light series skin perhaps, then how about CART 1997 ? :rolleyes:
That's actually my season, since that season was presented in CART Precision racing game.
Now, how about that ? :D
You can say no just don't hit me. :x3:
i won't say no, just i dont know if it will happen soon or in a real long time!! Indy lights is looking unlikely now as I could only find solid references for a few teams, not enough for a field.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough first time, so let me try once again.
I couldn't care less for indy light but for CART '97 I care. :)
I hope you'll find some time... we'll see...

How can Juan put Lola on Firestone tires. Both graphic and physics wize?

Because I can see Pruett on Goodyears instead of Firestones so I wanted to rectify it. But I do not know how

Thank you

Very Nice Mod.
For a future Patch:
-Folder Structure seperated
-Tasman should be on Honda (Mercedes atm)
-Penske has some wrong colored dots on both wings
-Some front runners are underpowered (Newman-Haas, Ganassi, Brahma, Penske) ?
-Lola Firestones for Payton/Coyne and Patrick (loose DDS Files should work)
-Chassis and Engine Numbers (drop the designation ?)

How can Juan put Lola on Firestone tires. Both graphic and physics wize?

Because I can see Pruett on Goodyears instead of Firestones so I wanted to rectify it. But I do not know how

Thank you
Most likely there will be a reference to a gen string in the veh file for each driver. Look at the Firestone cars and try and copy them. It should change the car visually. But once you've done that you need to change the physics of the car so you'll need to find the, I'm guessing - Reynard/Firestone HDV file and change the HDV line in the veh car file. That'll change the physics of the cars. Are all the cars all messed up? I never really looked at it? I guess this is just a skin mod then?

Most likely there will be a reference to a gen string in the veh file for each driver. Look at the Firestone cars and try and copy them. It should change the car visually. But once you've done that you need to change the physics of the car so you'll need to find the, I'm guessing - Reynard/Firestone HDV file and change the HDV line in the veh car file. That'll change the physics of the cars. Are all the cars all messed up? I never really looked at it? I guess this is just a skin mod then?
it is a problem with the Lolas only as the textures are baked into the mas or something, all the other cars have accurate gens

it is a problem with the Lolas only as the textures are baked into the mas or something, all the other cars have accurate gens
So just a case of copying the mas file, renaming the new file. Extracting the tire textures from the new copied mas file, changing them to the correct Firestone textures. Then importing them back into the new copied mas file, saving it. Then going into the relevant gen files for the cars with the wrong tyres and citing the new mas file you created instead of the old incorrect one causing tire issues. Surely that'll fix it?

Thank you
Physics is fine it already uses Firestones, thats just the matter of notepad editing
But the graphics was huge problem. I fiddled with it for weeks and than suddenly figured that Gen string actually works but only on Enhanced version. So I just used enhanced version and everything is fine.

Regarding cockpit. I never was able to figure it out since it always point to some default yellow cockpit inside mas itself, so I just painted another default cockpit in carbon fibre black so I can use it on any coloured car.

But thanks anyway

Maybe I wasn't clear enough first time, so let me try once again.
I couldn't care less for indy light but for CART '97 I care. :)
I hope you'll find some time... we'll see...
I am planning to paint 1997 carset. But be patient. I have a lot on my to do list before that. I have already collected all the info, all the necesarry images and sponsor logos. I even did one car just to see how the template works. It is Ralph's Food4Less Lola driven by Richie Hearn.

Thing is, there will be a "problem" with Penske. I do not want to use Reynard mockup. Because I will use reynard mockup for Eagle, so I do not want to have too much reynards. I was thinking about stratch making Penske. Or perhaps I will ask IDT for permission to port their 95 Penske into CART Factor and modify it a little bit :eek:

Anyhow expect Penske-free carset around christmas time

And complete carset with Penske included around Easter of 2022

I am planning to paint 1997 carset. But be patient. I have a lot on my to do list before that. I have already collected all the info, all the necesarry images and sponsor logos. I even did one car just to see how the template works. It is Ralph's Food4Less Lola driven by Richie Hearn.

Thing is, there will be a "problem" with Penske. I do not want to use Reynard mockup. Because I will use reynard mockup for Eagle, so I do not want to have too much reynards. I was thinking about stratch making Penske. Or perhaps I will ask IDT for permission to port their 95 Penske into CART Factor and modify it a little bit :eek:

Anyhow expect Penske-free carset around christmas time

And complete carset with Penske included around Easter of 2022
ayy awesome!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline