rF2 1990's Super Touring @ Salzburgring - Fri 09 Dec 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Looks like this one could be a banger as well! :cool:
Quick drivers in the field and untested cars for me, could go any which way but hopefully I won’t have to be ‘going for first!!’ as Murray walker would have put it :roflmao:

Sign me up please! :thumbsup:

Hopefully it goes the same was as the circuit :geek:

Apologies, I won’t be racing tonight. Winter germs have finally caught up with me.

Too bad! But I know the feeling! Was there last week myself!:sick:

So. Tomorrow.io, our weather forecast and live weather provider have changed their API-calls. The weather app will need to be updated for this, however the creator hasn't been seen since May, so it might not be updated for this.

There are a couple of other options for weather providers in the app, but I need to do some investigating to figure out which of them is updated regularly and most precise.
That won't happen today, so the server will revert to scripted weather, which is sunshine and 25 degrees airtemperature. No chance of rain!

Results already uploaded at: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/cold_december.html

1670624825356.png

Stats also updated, but again I see that a driver have gotten a new entry there. This time it is Ingemar. I really wish I knew why this happened.

As is usual when it comes to FWD cars, I was nowhere in the beginning, trying to learn the car and track in a limited time span after having focused my efforts on the AMS endurance race on thursday. I never got close to Michael, but was somewhere in the top 3 by the end of practice.

R1: Qualified 6th which I was actually mildly happy about since I crashed on lap 1, track limited lap 2 and made a safe lap 3, just to put it somewhere on the grid.
Got the most epic of launches after my foot spasm'd at the EXACT time the green light came on, resulting in jumping 3 cars before T1-2. Then Michael bumped into Ed, spinning him around, me missing them by inches and thus leading after T2 :O_o:. Then someone challenged me into T12 (long right hander near the end) who then ran wide and I drifted back inside to conclude one of the wildest lap 1's I've ever driven. I couldnt believe my luck really!
Rest of the race was spent cruising it to the flag while keeping an eye out for the LF.

R2: Another 6th in qually with a lap I was actually pleased with, but annoyingly everyone else also went faster.
Got a good start again but this time only jumped one car. Then after T2, another bit of mayhem on the approach to T3 and I managed to slip inside of it all to go from 5th to 2nd. Again i couldnt believe my luck and set off to see if I could challenge Michael ahead, somehow. I risked a major setup change to free the car up and it sorta worked, but also made the car a bit more unstable on corner entry. Following Michael, it was easy to see where I lost the time - the very long backstretch where I was loosing 3-5 tenths each lap. I managed to keep the gap somewhat steady at around 3 secs by gaining the lost time in the twisty bits, but it was never going to happen, Michael was just too fast and my fronts disappeared.

Oh well, cant complain about the results, I managed to keep the gap in the points which I wasnt expecting.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing