rF2 1990's Super Touring @ Salzburgring - Fri 09 Dec 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
BfZ3JMf.jpg
Out of the blue, and all of a sudden, three Super Touring cars appeared on the Workshop. And that was all that was needed to choose those cars for the single class event this Friday!

Eligibility
: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: See conversation(PM) about it]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 90s

Car(s):

Track: Salzburgring [Free on Steam]
Layout:
N/A
Track Temperature: Depends on weather
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Standing.
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day.
Weather: Forecast Real Temp +15
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 09 December 2022
Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 20:20 UTC (5 minutes - PRIVATE)
Warm Up 2: 20:25 UTC (4 minutes)
Race 1 : 20:30 UTC (25 minutes)

Qualifying 2: 21:00 UTC (5 minutes - PRIVATE)
Warm Up 2: 21:05 UTC (4 minutes)
Race 2 : 21:10 UTC (25 minutes)

Salzburgring98.png

DRIVER LIST

1. Ole Marius Myrvold
  2. Roy Magnes
  3. Colin Peach
  4. Jimlaad43
  5. ThreeLionz
  6. Paul_V
  7. Ingemar Petersson
  8. Jan Larsen
  9. Magnus Dahlgren
  10. Steve Le Gallez
  11. Michael Rudolf
  12. Hartmut2
  13. Jasje
  14. Free Free
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Me
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot

utp# 43 OMM
SERVER UP!

Last edited:
in please

:)

As I am not Dutch or Argentinian, sign me up please!

If track choice is still up in the air, here's a few suggestions.
Silverstone 1991-1993
Salzburgring
Zolder
Bathurst

Silverstone 91-93 is an option (sort of right time period). Salzburging is fun. Zolder will probably only happen if it guarantees 20 sign ups (something something Myrvold not liking that track). Bathurst would be fun.
I am also checking out some BTCC stuff, was a bit surprised that they used the Fosters layout at Oulton Park more often than other layouts combined in the mid 90's.

oooh. That's too bad. Idk quite what it is with these cars, but when I tested them I found myself doing "one more lap".... and then "one more lap" and then I also did "one more lap". That's very rare for me these days :p
I just did a test with the Cavalier and ended up doing more laps than anticipated. It felt really heavy at first when compared to modern Touring Cars. I’ll have a go with other 2 and wait for the track to be decided before signing up.

I just did a test with the Cavalier and ended up doing more laps than anticipated. It felt really heavy at first when compared to modern Touring Cars. I’ll have a go with other 2 and wait for the track to be decided before signing up.

Yup. They do. They do feel a bit "heavier" and "lazier" and also with worse brakes than what I get from watching footage from Super Touring races. I was also a few seconds off the BTCC 1997-times at Oulton Park with these cars.
I tried them at Thruxton and was just a second off...

The Volvo might be the least popular car here, or maybe I'm just awful with it. I found that one to lack a tiny pit of speed.

Track will be decided tomorrow :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back