1987HE mod skin bug

Hi everybody

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find anything on this. I'm having an issue with the 1987 HE mod. All those beautiful skins and tracks are a bit useless as they are all having this bug, where the designs have these stripes. Changed the anti-aliasing, shader levels ... but nothing seems to get rid of it. Anyone who has a solution for this? Thank you very much. Excuse me if this has been brought up a million times already..

Naamloos2.png

Naamloos.png

It is a strange bug, which seen in some GPU, and no poblem with orher GPU-s.

I had this problem 12-13 years ago. :D If I remember well, you need to generate MIPMAPS for your DDS textures.

Could you explain how I can do this?

It is not so easy, if you are not using Rfactor and other modding tools before.

First way: Make mipmaps for car textures

Rfactor use textures from 2 place:
-the folder of each teams/skins
-in .mas files which is usually contains common textures for all cars.
-track textures are in .mas file archives too.

You must extract the .dds texture files from the .mas archives (with 3Dsimed, or other program)
Open the .dds files in Photoshop or Gimp, and when you save it, tick on the Generate MipMap option.

Then you can place this new .dds files into the each teams folder, or if not working, compress into the .mas file.

I think. firstly try with a car skin, which (I think) is not compressed in .mas archive.

Second way: Set all material to not use mipmaps.

In this way you need to open a car (.veh or .gen file) with 3dsimed. And set all material to mipmap=false. Then save and export again to Rfactor.

mipmap problem.png

Here is a zip file. I made mipmaps for Zakspeed 09 MartinBrundle all skin versions

Put it into: Gamedata\Vehicles\Formula1_1987\Zakspeed\1987_Zakspeed09\Skins\
Make a copy from the original files, then paste my 4 .dds into that folder.

See what will happen!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 295 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years