rF2 1986 F1 @ Silverstone - Thu 02 Apr 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Anybody else having issues with the second gear at close to top revs ( not red lining yet ) making the car kick hard to the left/right.... even on a straight. I have to be slow reving up without losing control .... other drivers will pass me quickly. I watched some AI cars and they were able to red line in second and no car kick when getting close to the top revs???

I think it's the infamous "Turbo Boost Kick in Ass from deepest Hell" that you are struggling with.
You can adjust that turbo boost mapping in the setup or, if binding keys to it, also while driving.
Might help. Full boost only needed on straights. In corners or corner combinations you are not slower with, f.e., set to 4. Much more drivable with lower settings.

The race was great, these cars are a boatload of fun!
Unfortunately, I blew the engine while running in 4th place due to a bad downshift and overrevving :)

Yeah, great cars but the redlining in downshifts could blow the engine way too easily.
Every other representation of the turbo era F1 is tame by comparison with this mod...these are the benchmark for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%