rF2 1986 F1 @ Silverstone - Thu 02 Apr 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Quick question manual gears no auto-clutch for this race?
I think it doesn't matter as rf2 doesn't correctly factor real downshifts. You can shift without the clutch but with these cars you need to delay your shifts so as to not destroy the engine - on up shifts and down shifts.
Basically, heel and toe down shifts are the best way to drive these cars. But redlining in either will kill the engine, as will max boost. So handle with care.

How many laps would full race distance be? done some practice, is the mediam tyre the tyre to go for, for the race? is reliabiltiy on or can we run with boost set to 6? sorry for so many questions, this is my first race on here.

I think Medium tyres and no, 6 boost will kill the engine. Be carful not to over rev - esp on down shift. :)

Edit: On the default hud you get a readout of fuel remaining and fuel used per lap. Do a few laps and get yer calkleeyayter out.
ooh matron... that's what she said. ;)

Oops, that would be laps... 25 x 60 = 1500s divided by your lap time in seconds ( minus a few seconds if you think you are slow) = race distance in laps.... ish

Last edited:
How many laps would full race distance be? done some practice, is the mediam tyre the tyre to go for, for the race? is reliabiltiy on or can we run with boost set to 6? sorry for so many questions, this is my first race on here.
1. Start AI race in your game set time to 25 minutes set AI performance 100% . look how many laps they do
2. Dont worry about reliability on server its low
3. 25 minute Race : I would take the soft tyre

Anybody else having issues with the second gear at close to top revs ( not red lining yet ) making the car kick hard to the left/right.... even on a straight. I have to be slow reving up without losing control .... other drivers will pass me quickly. I watched some AI cars and they were able to red line in second and no car kick when getting close to the top revs???

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%