rF2 1986 F1 @ Silverstone - Thu 02 Apr 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Here's a list of the teams of 86, + Minardi & AGS
f1_1986_cars.jpg

Any special instructions for downloading track and cars because I have subscribed to them both twice and downloaded twice but when I launch the game and try to log to the server. ... message " checking for missing components ' followed by '" found " in red letters. and I can't beyond this point. I don't see either car or track offline.
I don't see a Silverstone 2012 but do see a 2016

Last edited:
Any special instructions for downloading track and cars because I have subscribed to them both twice and downloaded twice but when I launch the game and try to log to the server. ... message " checking for missing components ' followed by '" found " in red letters. and I can't beyond this point. I don't see either car or track offline.
Apparently, the track was originally done in 2012 (or for that layout), when they updated the track, they changed to the 2016 layout and renamed it in game. However, they were not able to rename it in Steam Workshop. Hence the confusion on the track name.

The cars mod is pretty a big file and with your slow internet connection, there is a chance it may be corrupted or incomplete. The unsubscribing and re-subbing (sorry). @Daiman Patel Anything to add?

I had this too

I had this too
Like I said, the Steam page is titled Silverstone 2012, but it shows up in game as Silverstone 2016. Confused the :poop: out of me when I was trying to configure the insanely techie and frankly pretty dumb ass rF2 server. But I don't know what else to call it.

Or did you mean the F1 '86 mod? If so, how did you fix it?

Hey Denis, just been on the server and it's running the short International layout. Any reason we're not running the full GP layout? These cars are a bit too fast for the shorter track... and no Becketts Maggots!

Hi guys, is there some guidance page to setup rf2 for use with RD events (I can find the server but joining the race stalls). :-(
I did a clean install this morning because rf2 was not starting at all for a while (it works now off-line)

Hi guys, is there some guidance page to setup rf2 for use with RD events (I can find the server but joining the race stalls). :-(
I did a clean install this morning because rf2 was not starting at all for a while (it works now off-line)
So you have the exact content from the OP and you are not able to join the server?
What message do you get?

Thanks for the help. I had unsubscribed and subscribed twice already before calling for help but I am doing it again now ... it will take hours on my internet. If it fails this time I will not bother again. Car probably to difficult for me anyway...lol.:)

Thanks for the help. I had unsubscribed and subscribed twice already before calling for help but I am doing it again now ... it will take hours on my internet. If it fails this time I will not bother again. Car probably to difficult for me anyway...lol.:)
I will send you the rfmod file. You will need to put it in Packages I think (I'll check). It's a small file and I don't really know why you would need to install it manually, but maybe worth a try.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 301 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 430 39.6%