rF2 1986 F1 Cars @ Montreal 2013 - Thu 14Jun18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
F1 1986.jpg

Who can join?
All premium members can sign up for this event and a maximum of one server will be available for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and TeamSpeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
TeamSpeak Installation Guide: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F1 86
Cars: F1 1986
Bennetton B186 Download
Brabham BT55 (Steam Workshop)
Ferrari F186 Download

Track:
Racerfactor Montreal 2013 (Steam Workshop)
Fixed Setups: No (Setups can be shared)
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting

Practice: 19:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 19:30 (5 minutes)
Race: 19:35 GMT (20 minutes)
Warm Up 2: 19:55 GMT (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:00 GMT (20 minutes)

Entry List
  1. [COLOR=#ff0000]Denis Betty[/COLOR]
  2. Peter Stokman
  3. Crashhard Banger
  4. Redvaliant
  5. Stephen Gibb
  6. Empty Slot
  7. Empty Slot
  8. Empty Slot
  9. Empty Slot
  10. Empty Slot
  11. Empty Slot
  12. Empty Slot
  13. Empty Slot
  14. Empty Slot
  15. Empty Slot
  16. Empty Slot
  17. Empty Slot
  18. Empty Slot
  19. Empty Slot
  20. Empty Slot
utp: #15 DB

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.

Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
I did a few test laps in each car to get a feel. Using stock setups and 15 laps of fuel, my initial thoughts are the Brabham feels the nicest to drive by far. It has that 'one more lap' feel. The Ferrari feels 'ok', and I'm really struggling with the Bennetton. Just masses of understeer and push.

I had a look at the F1 1986 thread on the S397 forum. I'm wondering if the Bennetton still has unfinished physics which ChiefWiggum said when he released it to public? Or maybe it need a lot of set-up work?

The Brabham is the oldest released model and has somewhat finished physics; the other two are very much WIP and need more work done to them, but point to how the handling and power delivery are going to be: Brutal and tricky. The Physics guy of this mod has been away for a while and Chief Wiggum has recently got a new guy in to do the work on these and the other cars for the set. As it is, the Brabham is the most drivable as it has a smoother power spike on boost. The other two are simply evil. They all tend to push at low speed and then go berserk with oversteer when the boost arrives. I think the handling needs to be revisited as the cars are too stable and don't respond to obvious setup changes deployed to address the understeer. having said that, they are an exciting prospect to race even in their current wip state.

Compared to the Brabham the other two definitely feel 'unfinished'. At least I could get the Ferrari round the track - turning down the boost a couple of clicks made it more manageable. I didn't manage a clean lap in the Ben Elton. It only has 5 gears and the boost takes an age to spool up - then BAM! I'll do another test and see if I can get my head around it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%