Resource icon

Misc 1985 helmet template 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
TTM75 submitted a new resource:

1985 helmet template - Template for 1985 helmet

Hi all!

I made template for 1985 helmet and visor. Wireframes included to helmet and visor. Now you can paint helmets for Ferrari F40 and Bmw M3 E30 and upcoming Lotus 98T skins.

Happy painting!

9ppv.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Has anyone noticed that the 1985 helmets are too dark? I made a bright white helmet and it looks fairly gray in AC. The helmet and the car should be the same color.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the 1985 helmets are too dark? I made a bright white helmet and it looks fairly gray in AC. The helmet and the car should be the same color.

unknown.png

Sadly we can't do anything to brightness without editing helmet materials.

That seems true. I was fiddling with the HELMET_1985_map.dds and couldn't get the white to be white and the black to be black use a singular "color" for the map. Seems like you'd need to create a detailed/complicated map to force the various light and dark areas to look appropriate.

unknown.png

A mask to help enforce the white to be white and the black to be black, but created material properties that may not be desirable.
unknown.png

Cheers,

Esotic

Last edited:
That seems true. I was fiddling with the HELMET_1985_map.dds and couldn't get the white to be white and the black to be black use a singular "color" for the map. Seems like you'd need to create a detailed/complicated map to force the various light and dark areas to look appropriate.

A mask to help enforce the white to be white and the black to be black, but created material properties that may not be desirable.

Cheers,

Esotic

It sad that Kunos made 85 helmet this way, because other helmets are fine. I asked Kunos to fix it, but i never got any answer etc...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%