1981 Classic GP Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ay, then let me say this, I'm gonna report caps lock post from now on. You may think they're funny. They're not. Far, far off from it. Just annoying. I've asked twice to stop it, to no avail.
Also you don't seem to notice the slight difference from Jim's capslock above to yours or Tim's. I don't say it isn't annoying, but it's a difference whether you write 1 or 2 words in it and have the rest normal, or a whole +10 words sentence in capslock.
That made me stop it
Though pls tell why it is so annoying

Tobi threatened my capslock post in the 2001 thread. Since then I'm not doing it anymore in public.

Though my question is, what is it exactly that is so annoying about capslock posts?
You might want to check your recent post in rFactor. Or your status. I was this close to reporting you.

Yes I know that, though that's not answering my question
Sorry for slow typing on tablet, needed to get the facts straight.

Capslock is shouting/yelling, considered as rude. Put an exclamation mark at the end of your sentence if you want to give it some expression, but don't use capslock.

Jim shouldn't have egged you on to it, I'm not saying to one, I'm saying to both of you, I'm saying to all.
The first one is fine, a few caps words isn't bad. Having the majority just hurts my eyes and is annoying.

Just a reminder for everyone that the bidding process has not started yet.
We have to wait for each team to choose sponsor before it can begin so please wait until I tell you to start bidding :)

e. All but the three new teams (who received their sponsor offers just now) have chosen their sponsors! Good job everyone :thumbsup:

e2. Team budgets have been updated too with sponsor money and outstanding contracts have been deducted. What you see now in your current funds is what you have for rest of the contracts and for the season.:)

Last edited:
LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!

I'm delighted to inform that every team has chosen a sponsor for the upcoming season. Your budgets have been updated and you may now submit your bids via PM. Those who already did submit their bids, don't have to do it again.

Here's a copy of bidding instructions, found in the second post of this thread:

Every item (driver/engine/tyre) has a minimum salary/price that has to be met. Each team must make at least three offers for each item including annual salary/price and length of the contract. Offered contract length can be 1-3 years (only 1 year for pay-drivers).

Note! It is advised to make more than three offers per item, especially if bidding for potentially popular items. There is no limit on how many offers can be made.

Example bid:

Driver 1
1. Mika Häkkinen 5000cr – 2 years
2. David Coulthard 3500cr – 2 years
3. Damon Hill 4000cr – 1 year
4. Pedro de la Rosa 2000cr - 1 year

Driver 2
1. David Coulthard 3000cr - 3 years
2. Eddie Irvine 3000cr – 2 years
3. Damon Hill 3000cr – 1 year
4. Pedro de la Rosa 1400cr – 2 years
5. Jean Alesi 2200cr – 3 years
6. Toranosuke Takagi pay 150cr/race - 1 year *

Engine
1. Cosworth 5500cr – 3 years
2. Mugen-Honda 5000cr – 3 years
3. Mercedes 6000cr – 1 year

Tyres
1. Michelin 3000cr – 2 years
2. Bridgestone 3200cr – 3 years
3. Pirelli 3000cr - 1 year

* Pay-drivers pay for their seat before each race. Each pay-driver has a maximum money he can afford to pay per race. Pay-drivers can be signed only for 1 year at a time.

Note! The highest bidder doesn't always win the bidding contest! There are other factors, including team status, that affect which team's offer an item chooses.

- - - - -
e. I would like every team to make their bids by MONDAY 07:00 CEST :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Each team must make at least three offers for each item including annual salary/price and length of the contract.
A shameful fourth post in a row but I feel I can't stress this enough.

PLEASE MAKE AT LEAST THREE OFFERS FOR Driver 1, Driver 2, Engine and Tyres!

If we only made one bids for each of those, we would have to go through multiple rounds of bidding because some teams would be unable to sign their preferred drivers/suppliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 321 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%