1980 graphics

Greame Champion

Technomaniac
Sorry to do this..
What am I doing wrong with this in VR?
The close up stuff is ok but in the distance I could almost be playing pole position, in fact pole position had better graphics.
I have quest 2, amd3600, Nvidia founders 3070.
Assetto 1 is my best sim experience in VR followed by automoblista 2. But acc is shocking, must be a setting I missed but can not fix it having read a million posts on the subject.
Can anyone give me a steer please?
Regards

Started to wonder if I can be bothered to try Kurupt. Was it really bad for you to start with. Any tips you can share please?
Oh it was terrible when I first started and had all but given up on the game, but now I can say it looks pretty good on my setup in all conditions.

My advice would be to grab andrew_wots engine.ini file from the vr graphics thread linked above.
Than depending on your headset see if lowering the resolution and increasing pixel density in game.
Start low and work up.

I'd like to see that file as well, have pretty much given up on everything except AC for vr. I could not get the madness engine to look good or stop shimmering, raceroom destroys my i5-8400, iracing looks great but I refuse to pay. My options are rFactor 2 or Assetto Corsa as I can't run at 60hz.

Exactly right Jason, amazing to me that AC has turned out the best vr game. Maybe we need someone to develop a vr sim from the ground up.
I do have automoblista 2 running well also but AC is awesome with sol weather 90fps. To stop shimmering in AC I had to turn the shadows off might work for PCars

Last edited:
To stop shimmering in AC I had to turn the shadows off might work for PCars

Indeed I have tried that, gutted settings, gone through miles of .ini files and put steam SS in the basement to no avail.
Quite sad really as the original project cars was always my go to for relaxed career racing.
I wish I could help with ACC. I did try for a few hours but with a 2060 super I believe the gpu is too weak.
Which brings up another concern as I know Kunos is working on AC2, fingers crossed the get away from UE4/5 but have a feeling that’s the engine they’ll use.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back