Resource icon

Cars 1974 Dodge Monaco 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

1974 Dodge Monaco - as seen on TV

Introduction
This is a 1974 Dodge Monaco, with police upgrade package - base trim, heavy duty suspension, high output engine.

In the 80s the Blues Brothers drove one because it was cheap.

version 0.9 does not yet include LODs or Blues-Brothers-specific paraphernalia ('the PA system', copious amounts of dirt) due to wanting to get this released and time crunch. I'm gonna be out of town for a while and can't work on it so at least what's there is usable.

Like the F350, this is me...

Read more about this resource...

This car is absolute :poop:

I love it.

Thank you so much for this mod, I've always had a thing for old American barns :inlove: Added it to my favourites list after the first drive. Keep up the good work.

Edit: Special kudos to anyone responsible for the sound. Absolutely terrific job. Didn't think I could enjoy the squealing of virtual tires and driving through virtual tunnels as much as I did driving this car. Easily the best sounding car I've driven in AC in terms of the sound quality, dynamics, fidelity and many other areas I lack the vocabulary for. Amazing.

Last edited:
Awesome!

Question about the shader; you said it replaces the default shader. So does that mean the default content is now all affected by this and needs updated map files, or does all of that still look the same due to the specific shader settings on those vehicles?

Won't have a chance to test things myself for a bit still, so asking the obvious question :)

Default content will all look the same as ever unless you change the maps file, it's got a switch in the code to use the original shader as long as maps alpha is 255 (since that's what it sees if the file has no alpha channel or if it was just rgb but got saved as dxt5).

At least, close to original - I think one reflection change I made happens on everything, but mathematically I'm right and the original version isn't.

Last edited:
Default content will all look the same as ever unless you change the maps file, it's got a switch in the code to use the original shader as long as maps alpha is 255 (since that's what it sees if the file has no alpha channel or if it was just rgb but got saved as dxt5).

At least, close to original - I think one reflection change I made happens on everything, but mathematically I'm right and the original version isn't.

Perfect! As awesome as this yacht is, I'm really, really looking forward to playing with this shader.

Thanks so much for all the hard work!

"At least, close to original - I think one reflection change I made happens on everything, but mathematically I'm right and the original version isn't."
So installing your new shader will make all Kunos content look a bit better?
Edit: no need to answer, reread your above post

Most content won't change as it's really an edge case - highly reflective material with all reflections turned off by the maps texture. Maybe some matte skins if there are any. In the original version the material gets dark from fresnel even though no reflection's happening.

I have set up my server with this car: 31 Chicago police and 1 black to reproduce the Blues Brothers movie. I think we need a proper Blues Brothers skin for this car!

If you have any rules ideas for this chase game or advices for options (fuel, damage)...

Lost Highway | LA Canyons | The Blues Brothers

I'm wondering, as we need to overwrite the stock shader... is it not possible to just add it as an additional shader? Or can't we just add files to the shader folder and AC automatically knows how to use them?

Of course, there was no way in hell I was not gonna like this :D Its fantastic!

Model looks really great, always does a great job despite pretty low tri count. Drives exactly as you'd imagine. Can't complain really

Actually if I was to complain, I'd say the steering animation is pretty distracting in VR (I'm happy to make one using the 3ds rig if you want btw, might not be perfect but should look more natural imo!). And no LODs, but considering the type of project I can't really blame you.

:thumbsup:

I'm wondering, as we need to overwrite the stock shader... is it not possible to just add it as an additional shader? Or can't we just add files to the shader folder and AC automatically knows how to use them?
I tried it that way and AC will only apply damage/dirt to shaders named "ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt", if you even change the filename of that shader without modifying it it stops working.

The funny thing about the sounds people keep commenting on is that's just the stock Mercedes SLS AMG sounds. For some reason it has better tire sounds, I'm not really happy with the exterior engine note though.

Last edited:
Where are lamps and lenses?
ag6SIUmN-cY.jpg

I have set up my server with this car: 31 Chicago police and 1 black to reproduce the Blues Brothers movie. I think we need a proper Blues Brothers skin for this car!

If you have any rules ideas for this chase game or advices for options (fuel, damage)...

Lost Highway | LA Canyons | The Blues Brothers
Hi I tried to join your server but I was kicked with checksum mismatch. Did you update the track with the latest patch from phoenix77?

The steering wheel's 38cm which is pretty big, it's just that the rest of the car is very large.

Wheel rates are accurate and it has minimal antiroll bars so I think the body roll is about right, it is the cop suspension after all (which is like, 50% stiffer than the base model and has frequencies >1hz)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back