General 1970 Mustang(Polling for group members)

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE POSTING A REPLY

So I enjoy modeling as a hobby to relieve stress occasionally and have great interest in modeling of cars specifically from the 1970's. Thus I have spent many hours working on the cars posted here as nothing more than fun projects with possibilities to import them into Assetto Corsa. I have been met with mediocre success in my attempt that some of you may remember back before the Assetto Corsa forums shut down the 3d modeling section with the Ferrari F40 GTE car I (D3lta481) attempted to bring into Assetto Corsa. The car is still drivable and even enjoyable to drive, but lacks any form of polish and my own frustrations of attempting to get all the mechanics working in Assetto Corsa other than the model and physics quite frankly killed the enjoyment I gained from modeling the car. So to the point at hand I have fully modeled the 1970 Boss 302 and the 1970 Mach 1. I am also open to modeling the components for the Boss 429 and possibly the Boss 302 TA if a group can be created with viable progress. The current models are only started on UV unwrapping, and if I'm honest I am not very good at unwrapping nor know what and how to group things, but am willing to learn or allow someone more skilled to do this. The parts I would need to consider starting this project to import to Assetto Corsa would be: Texture Artist, Physics(in pinch I can do this), Importer(lack of better term someone who can import the car into AC and handle the driver animations and all that stuff), Sound, and may be missing something else.

qeSm8w1.jpg

JxkXn9f.jpg

MnaBxZp.jpg

VKLxABi.jpg

neTC3mV.jpg

XtbsgAd.jpg

Link to the album(more pictures can be provided): http://imgur.com/a/bptRb

This thread is purely here to see if there are interested parties in developing this mod with me, this is not a thread for people to express their want for the mod without ability to aid in the development, another thread will be made if a team can be made to begin development. Constructive criticism or advice is always welcome on both the model and my method of posting this gauge of interest.

Last edited:
I'm interested in this project, but I have a lot going on right now. I might be able to pick it up sometime before the end of the year, so if time is not an issue you can count me in.
If anyone wants to pick it up first then great, I can offer my help through here or setting up some of the technical aspects.
Either way, would be cool to finally see an accurate representation of a classic muscle car in a simulator. Most of those already made in other games always have the same problems, wrong proportions or awful physics. Yours looks close to the real car but I can easily spot some problems on the front and roof line, nothing that some quick adjustments won't take care of. I'm also curious about the wireframe and rear, any shots of that?

Time is definitely not an issue for me, I am a hobbyist, hence why I am asking for help. I would definitely welcome your assistance, you have done some great work with the last few cars of yours. I will get the wire frame shots soon, what items out of curiosity are you noticing?

5UXScnT.png

It is the base Mach 1 body style exterior only.

I also edited the OP with rear pictures, sorry I did not realize I had left them out.

Last edited:
Thanks, topology looks very clean, nice work there. I would add some more edges here and there for reflections sake but looks well distributed.
Care to send me the model to do some camera matching? that'll help to show where it needs some adjustments.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 225 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%