1967 Watkins Glen

Still having problems, anyone know a way of debugging this? Most added circuits work fine but a couple cause a CTD and you cannot restart the game until you have removed the track folder which is causing the problem from the locations directory forcing GTL to reset the track selection.

I have had this happen on several occasions. First thing I tried was running the track in practice mode. If it works for practice mode what is happening is the track is takeing up too much memory. Try reducing the field. Are you using the core tool? I started using it and I am not having any issues with slow downs, stuttering or tracks crashing.

The Process Lasso? Yes I have been using that. No luck so far, Brand Hatch, Cadwell, LeMans and Monaco are all working fine, its just these two tracks that are causing a problem. I would especially like to get Targa working.....

For big tracks and also big car mods it is mandatory to patch your GTL.EXE (same for GTR2.EXE) with 4GB PATCH by DANIEL PISTELLI.
Note that your EXE is already 4GB patched if you have installed the GTL or GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch :)

OK, I have already installed the 1oth anniversary patch and then did the 4Gb patch after as I had not realised it was included. This has not helped on GTL and I still have the problem however on P&G3.2 with the GTR2 exe 4gb patched Targa now works. Great for P&G but not GTL. Wish I could find a solution to this.

I have made a lighter Targa version for both GTR2/GTL, as GTR2 works for you then I give you the link for GTL :
Hope it will work for you :)

Sorry, no change, splash screen comes up for a second as the track starts to load and then CTD. I have a bit of a monster machine for running GTL so surprised if its the 2-4Gb thing, I really appreciate all your help BTW.

Machine is: AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8 Core CPU with 16Gb ram and a Geforce RTX 2070 with 8 Gb
Although process lasso reports 15 cores. I trimmed that down to 8 in process lasso as well just in case but that made no difference. I only have the problem with Targa and Watkins Glen, I am sure it would happen with others but I have not downloaded that many.

LeMans LM 77 and 79 are fine and they are quite chunky tracks and all the others I have downloaded are fine as well.

James,
i have not ran GTL for many years but i spotted your post.And as i had worked on this track for RF1 many years ago it made me interested.
I loaded GTL and Watkins and it worked. I would look again at the install or perhaps the down load. my specs Win10, 970 GFX, 16gb, i7 (no patch )
I know this is not an answer but perhaps an incentive to try afresh.

there was a script someone made called "GDBrename.exe" that was commonly run in a batch file before GTL.exe started

I believe it fixed some upper/lower case names & extensions, maybe even permissions? in the GTL install, that could cause instability like this

I just searched online & couldn't find it though

if it's any use, I can zip up my version & upload here

just uploaded it, try this:

No luck so far, downloaded it fresh and installed it again, same thing, it crashes right after a flash of the loading splash screen with the GTO on it. Nickel20, how do I run a trace file? I tried changing cars in case that was the problem but no. I was only running the Lotus Cortina which I had been using on may other circuits anyway.

Edit Target in Properties Shortcut Tab in your Desktop Shortcut
Best I show an example for one of my game version
"C:\Games\GTR2 Trans Am 1968 - 1971\GTR2.exe" -trace=1000
The results will be shown in the Game/UserData/Log file.

If you have 10th Anniversary Patch then the trace function can be enabled by running DEBUG.BAT file, after any CTD go to UserData\Log directory then open trace.txt and look at the bottom lines of this text file :)

Ah OK will have a look, Many thanks guys I do appreciate it. Just did a youtube on P&G at Targa with the 427 Cobra, would like to compare with GTL. Lots of crashes as I don't know the circuit and at 44 mile it will take a while but good fun none the less.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%