1967 Watkins Glen

James Bunn

10RPM
Jan 9, 2020
Still having problems, anyone know a way of debugging this? Most added circuits work fine but a couple cause a CTD and you cannot restart the game until you have removed the track folder which is causing the problem from the locations directory forcing GTL to reset the track selection.

chrisracer

25RPM
Dec 31, 2016
I have had this happen on several occasions. First thing I tried was running the track in practice mode. If it works for practice mode what is happening is the track is takeing up too much memory. Try reducing the field. Are you using the core tool? I started using it and I am not having any issues with slow downs, stuttering or tracks crashing.

James Bunn

10RPM
Jan 9, 2020
I doubt that the tracks are taking too much out of my machine, Its an AMD ryzen 7 3700 8 Core CPU with 16Gb ram and a Geforce RTX 2070 with 8 Gb, but I will try the core tool, what is that though?

James Bunn

10RPM
Jan 9, 2020
The Process Lasso? Yes I have been using that. No luck so far, Brand Hatch, Cadwell, LeMans and Monaco are all working fine, its just these two tracks that are causing a problem. I would especially like to get Targa working.....

GTR233

500RPM
Jun 3, 2018
For big tracks and also big car mods it is mandatory to patch your GTL.EXE (same for GTR2.EXE) with 4GB PATCH by DANIEL PISTELLI.
Note that your EXE is already 4GB patched if you have installed the GTL or GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch :)

James Bunn

10RPM
Jan 9, 2020
OK, I have already installed the 1oth anniversary patch and then did the 4Gb patch after as I had not realised it was included. This has not helped on GTL and I still have the problem however on P&G3.2 with the GTR2 exe 4gb patched Targa now works. Great for P&G but not GTL. Wish I could find a solution to this.

GTR233

500RPM
Jun 3, 2018
I have made a lighter Targa version for both GTR2/GTL, as GTR2 works for you then I give you the link for GTL :
Hope it will work for you :)

James Bunn

10RPM
Jan 9, 2020
Sorry, no change, splash screen comes up for a second as the track starts to load and then CTD. I have a bit of a monster machine for running GTL so surprised if its the 2-4Gb thing, I really appreciate all your help BTW.

Machine is: AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8 Core CPU with 16Gb ram and a Geforce RTX 2070 with 8 Gb
Although process lasso reports 15 cores. I trimmed that down to 8 in process lasso as well just in case but that made no difference. I only have the problem with Targa and Watkins Glen, I am sure it would happen with others but I have not downloaded that many.

LeMans LM 77 and 79 are fine and they are quite chunky tracks and all the others I have downloaded are fine as well.

philrob

25RPM
Aug 18, 2009
James,
i have not ran GTL for many years but i spotted your post.And as i had worked on this track for RF1 many years ago it made me interested.
I loaded GTL and Watkins and it worked. I would look again at the install or perhaps the down load. my specs Win10, 970 GFX, 16gb, i7 (no patch )
I know this is not an answer but perhaps an incentive to try afresh.

James Bunn

10RPM
Jan 9, 2020
Hello Philrob, thanks for that, I have appreciated MANY of your tracks over the years and in No Grip days. I will download the tracks again from scratch and see what happens.

Nickel20

1RPM
Jul 18, 2018
Hi There
It's a great period track, and works for me, but I downloaded ages ago. Have you run a trace file?
A error in a car file can cause a track to crash.
Cheers

umma gumma

25RPM
Jan 14, 2019
there was a script someone made called "GDBrename.exe" that was commonly run in a batch file before GTL.exe started

I believe it fixed some upper/lower case names & extensions, maybe even permissions? in the GTL install, that could cause instability like this

I just searched online & couldn't find it though

if it's any use, I can zip up my version & upload here

umma gumma

25RPM
Jan 14, 2019
just uploaded it, try this: