1964 Chevrolet Cheetah or One quick Kitty Cat

1964 Chevrolet Cheetah
Published on Dec 12, 2011
In 1963 this car was a nightmare on four wheels it scared more then one good driver in the course of its hay day it was never meant to be a nice Kitty it's sole reason for being was to battle the Cobra as the Vette did not have what it took 1963 was along time ago yet this car can still out class and catch the best there is one only has to look at it in person to know Kitty can kill you dead if you disrespect her Power-to-weight ratio Meow.
Wonder Why it has never found a Home in a any of the so many racing simulators we have to choose from?

Do you mean this one ? :D

It was converted with permissions to GTR2 ....
If you're interested by this model for GTR2 and still driving this sim ... I may post it here in GTR2 section.

Original mod by Dave Sabre at HSO, who kindly gave us permission in the following terms:
"Hi,You are ok to convert the Cheetah to GTR2.
All that I say is that if I like what you do then I am able to use your work on the Cheetah wherever I like without seeking your permission.
Regards,
Dave"

I'm a member of the team which converted this car to GTR2 .... but sorry we cannot do anything in order to bring this car to AC .... as it is as usual a rather low poly one....

Too busy this evening but I'll upload it tomorrow in the GTR2 section for those who might like it. ;)

Too bad, this car really deserves to be in AC. I even tried to get a diecast of one of these, I think it was a Spark one, and they sold out in a heartbeat.
I did see this over at F1 Classic as well, and had high hopes, but that thread dies as well. In a few ways its not that different from some of the TVR models.

Too bad, this car really deserves to be in AC. I even tried to get a diecast of one of these, I think it was a Spark one, and they sold out in a heartbeat.
I did see this over at F1 Classic as well, and had high hopes, but that thread dies as well. In a few ways its not that different from some of the TVR models.
Yeah short wheelbase also, I saw the Cheetah mentioned in some article about the Griffith. There should be a Griffith coming to AC shortly. We just need an E-Type and a Cobra and then we would have a serviceable grid of 60's GT cars! The 250GTO and Series 200 will be a good start anyway :)

Waiting for word on one for GTR and we can only hope the team that made it will allow us to try to use it in AC it will take some time and work but it would be a true win for all of us .The Griffin is another good choice to have both will be a Killer Battle of Apex Monsters.

I think I told it too quickly .... as I forgot a bit as it really was ;)
So maybe the best ... is to have a look at it by yourself

I'm in fact mainly a skinner and not a modder ... so take a look at it with an expert's look.

GTR2 version converts to AC just fine.. Probably can't release it here as it has some kunos data and other parts and pieces, from other mods, but it's done..

cheetah.jpg

Is the 3d art all original content created by the modder? If yes then have you asked for permission for ac conversion? How are the proportions and maybe post some cockpit pics as well? Being such a small car with no complex modelling required (apart from the shape itself) it could be possible to bring it into ac properly if permission was received from the original creator. I can volunteer for the 3d work +driver animation and some texturing as well depending how the model is. I'd like to release it with good physics tho.

It'd take a fairly major undertaking to make it an official/approved release, imo.. It would need new/original models of the wheels/tires, suspension, some interior parts, etc. (plus texturing). Then the proper data/physics. This one is based around the Kunos Shelby, both for ease of conversion and so it could compete (fairly) with it in the sim.. But basically just wanted to show that the poly count wasn't a deal breaker for the conversion.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.6%