1963 Jaguar Lightweight E-type @ Bridgehampton

One of the things I love the most about AC is its modability: I can have (almost) every car I ever lusted after growing up. Case in point, the Lightweight E-Type. I never lusted after the normal E-Type--too tame--but the Lightweight, in all its sinewy iterations (Competition Roadster, Low-Drag Coupe, Continuation Series, etc.), is a different story. This particular model, first released by Velo, then modified by Bazza's TCL (Touring Car Legends) group and lately 'improved' by Beezer, is close to perfection...except for the tatty engine-room noises (easily corrected with Content Manager). It looks and feels like a proper vintage car should (especially the detailed cockpit) and responds well to setup tweaks. Its lap times at the Bridge are spot-on (check the 1963 Bridgehampton 'Double 500' results). Ten-lap race setup.

Attachments

• Bridge_02-18-2021.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 92
Literally the 1st time I'm going to take someone's set up and Import it. What are the steps? And I think I have the right E type, but would you mind terribly providing the link for the E-type you're using?

Not sure I'm allowed to post URLs/links here, but it isn't hard to find. Just Google Jaguar E-Type Touring (not Competition Lightweight) + tcl + Velo + Bazza + Beezer and/or any combination thereof. Your setups are not in your main Assetto Corsa folder; they're in C:\Username\Documents\Assetto Corsa\Setups and filed by car name with tracks in a subfolder. You have to have driven the car at a track at least once before the game automatically generates a folder for that track's setups. If that doesn't do it, PM me.

Do you have some special connection with Bridgehampton? When I worked at CAR and DRIVER magazine, we tested there all the time, and before that, I raced there often. Since becoming a sim fan, I've helped with the creation of three versions of the track (for rFactor, GTR2 and AC). This one is as close to prefect as anything I've seen.

Last edited:
Okay I kinda figured it out piece mail, and I found the car for sure. Thanks. Your setup was great, I did make the rear rebound a little softer because I was losing traction over the hump after the slow left out of Echo Valley.

No, no connection, I just love it more than almost anything except for Goodwood! Glad to have met you! Maybe we can race side-by-side there sometime soon. I think I've only raced against a live person once.

Yes, Bridgehampton is a great track; the best flow/rhythm of any track I've ever driven, in real life or in a sim. I mean, the Nurburgring is a great track, but just when you think you've got the hang of it, it jinks when you jag. Asynchronous. Catches me out all the time...and I must've done a thousand laps there.

Okay I kinda figured it out piece mail, and I found the car for sure. Thanks. Your setup was great, I did make the rear rebound a little softer because I was losing traction over the hump after the slow left out of Echo Valley.

No, no connection, I just love it more than almost anything except for Goodwood! Glad to have met you! Maybe we can race side-by-side there sometime soon. I think I've only raced against a live person once.

The best way to get ready for human-to-human racing is to just do it. Find a car you feel comfortable with and a track you feel comfortable with (in my case, the venerable BMW M3 GT2 at Mugello). Then practice until you can go flat-out for ten laps at personal-best speeds without making any mistakes. Then go to the servers listed in the game, find one with a low (<150) ping, enter, don't qualy (so you start at the back of the grid), then just follow everybody around until you feel emboldened to challenge for position. Tip: Don't pick Bridgehampton as your favorite; not popular enough. Pick one that offers races at any time, night or day: Mugello, Brands, Laguna, Monza, Imola, Red Bull Ring.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years