1959 Corvette C1

Cars 1959 Corvette C1 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

1959 Corvette C1 - the first American sportscar

Introduction
It happened again. I intended to build a quick mod similar to my E46 so I had a nice open top vintage car to cruise around some free roam circuits, and I ended up spending 3 weeks building it instead. Here is the result.

This is a 1959 Chevrolet Corvette, the first generation chassis commonly referred to as C1. The 1959 reprises the 1958 facelift, but with slightly less chrome trim. Like most generation Corvettes, this was about the fastest car you could buy on a...

Read more about this resource...

[driver_fedora]
SUIT=\plain\black
GLOVES=\classicpastel\black

[CREW]
SUIT=\type1\black_white
HELMET=\black
BRAND=\chevy

Save that as skin.ini and add to skin folder, change colors if you prefer. This is one car where the white Sparcos definitely do not fit :)

Last edited:
Somehow the car's name is not displayed well ingame.
1607495195473.png

Code:
JSON read error: content/cars/oneweek_corvette_c1/ui/ui_car.json

This is the only car sofar that I had this "problem" with. (app is IS_PlayerList, but it simply looks for the "name" in ui_car.json)

Haven't tried it with wheel yet (keyboard is impossible :D ), will certainly do soon! What a beauty :)

Last edited:
Interesting, can you open the ui_car.json and delete the comma on line 10:
"usa",
-->
"usa"

Might not pass a strict json parser.

I thought the C1 was the two-headlight model (pre-'58), but no matter. Here's an idea, why not recreate one of the three 1960 Corvettes that Briggs Cunningham took to Le Mans (the first Corvettes to run in a 24-hour race). I owned the #2 car for a while. It was a beast!

Ol' No. 2 @ Dana Point, 2012.jpg

Ok, what have I done this time?. The game reports an error on the way in, tells me to look at logs. In game, the car doesn't show up among the Chevrolets, there is an unknown car instead. I can't do anything with the unknown car, so therefor the errors file has no reference. If I should be looking elsewhere, it won't surprise anyone I'm stumped...

I know, that's little to go on... I've mentioned before, I'm getting thicker by the day.

You have clearly mucked up the installation in some way. Check the folder path, it should be like this: assettocorsa\content\cars\oneweek_corvette_c1 Also the driver files need to be installed for the car to work, but them not being installed doesn't cause the car to not show up

Last edited:
Maybe.. I should have mentioned before, I copied the contents folder over, as with every other mod. Checked folder structure, downloaded a second time (and after removing the oneweek_corvette_c1 folder) installed again.

Thanks for trying though.

Fuel tank and flames seem to be a tad off the mark.

Yeah I somehow entirely forgot the fuel tank. Both physics position and putting the filler cap on. Flames shouldn't matter cause it never does any. I don't want to update too soon in case other issues are found but it's corrected locally.
TZxrsZg.jpg

I thought the C1 was the two-headlight model (pre-'58), but no matter. Here's an idea, why not recreate one of the three 1960 Corvettes that Briggs Cunningham took to Le Mans (the first Corvettes to run in a 24-hour race). I owned the #2 car for a while. It was a beast!

View attachment 425663
Too many changes (esp. all the trim removal)... I might make an optional removable hardtop though.

Too many changes (esp. all the trim removal)... I might make an optional removable hardtop though.

Imagine what Alfred Momo had to go through: just the changing to Indy-type wheels took weeks (new stub axles and new half shafts, machined from billet stock). The engines, tho, came straight from Zora Duntov, with '61 fuel injection plenums.

Interesting, can you open the ui_car.json and delete the comma on line 10:
"usa",
-->
"usa"

Might not pass a strict json parser.
Ah yep, those pesky commas :) Hard Easy to miss, thanks.

Ok, what have I done this time?. The game reports an error on the way in, tells me to look at logs. In game, the car doesn't show up among the Chevrolets, there is an unknown car instead. I can't do anything with the unknown car, so therefor the errors file has no reference. If I should be looking elsewhere, it won't surprise anyone I'm stumped...

I know, that's little to go on... I've mentioned before, I'm getting thicker by the day.
Try the above quote, as sometimes AC (vanilla probably) doesn't like an extra comma either.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing