Cars 1958 Grand Prix World Championship [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTSpeedster updated 1958 Grand Prix World Championship with a new update entry:

v1.02

Make sure to DELETE the "Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\F158" folder before installing the new 1.02 version. Everything else can be overwritten.

v1.02 log:
+ Added independent tire files for each car model (for adjustability purposes);
+ Revised tires;
+ Revised vehicles tire's radius and graphical offsets for its contact with the track;
+ Revised Vaillante's sfx;
+ Revised Hawthorn's Ferrari swaying behavior under braking;
+ Revised aero for each of the Maserati...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for your work ;)

3 things I've noticed:

- cars seem to veer right when on-throttle
- they seem more nervous compared to their rFactor version
- some dashes are way too reflective; these dashes were opaque for obvious reasons (don't want the sun to blind you while racing, or reflect heat onto your face)

Attachments

• 55_Ferrari.jpg
    55_Ferrari.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Thanks for your work ;)

3 things I've noticed:

- cars seem to veer right when on-throttle
- they seem more nervous compared to their rFactor version
- some dashes are way too reflective; these dashes were opaque for obvious reasons (don't want the sun to blind you while racing, or reflect heat onto your face)

Hey Davide. ;)

It's been a while since I last drove these in rFactor so I can't really say anything for sure. There are quite a few differences from that into AMS but if anything I'd expect them to be a tad tamer and more predictable. But you got me curious and I'll check it out when I have the chance.

About the dashes I agree with you. The problem is perhaps not so much due to the reflection out of the cubemaps per say but from the overexposure that comes out under certain light source angles which I'll be trying to address further in the next patch. The choice for a non opaque dash at this point is due to the instruments that for now share their visible geometries with the background of dash and I wanted keep the reflective nature that we get with them being covered in glass and this sort of thing. Not perfect but hopefully the next patch will make it a much more sensible compromise.

Cheers!

Last edited:

v1.03

Make sure to DELETE the "Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\F158" folder before installing the new 1.03 version. Everything else can be overwritten.

v1.03 log:
+ Revised Steve Warson skin and helmet;
+ Revised Ferrari and Maserati file names to prevent potential track textures imposition;
+ Revised Ferrari's steering wheel shaders and textures;
+ Revised all car's dashboards and steering wheels to eliminate the overexposure effect;
+ Revised all suspensions and brakes...

The second circuit DEFINITELY needs converting to AMS. Not really sure what the procedure would be to get a GPL circuit into AMS. Was it ever converted to RF? Because if so we'd be good to go, I'd be able to edit in AMS skies/gdb/scn changes. I'm still shocked there are people racing and using RF when AMS 1 is about. It's practically the same game but just much, much better in everyway!

v1.04

View attachment 446602

Make sure to DELETE the "Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\F158" folder before installing the new 1.04 version. Everything else can be overwritten.

v1.04 log:
+ Revised Ferrari's upgradable brakes;
+ Revised radiator cooling for all cars;
+ Revised Ferrari skins and vehicle filenames to fix multiplayer issues.

February 18, 2021.

Enjoy! ;)

The models are extremely beautiful but rather demanding too. As a quickish fix, you can open the .gen files for each car and delete the lines calling the more detailed car body mesh lods, or tweak the distances so the lower lods come in much earlier. Might take you 20 mins but it will make it more playable...
Back up first though!
Thanks I will give it a try I'm getting low fps too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%