Cars 1958 Grand Prix World Championship [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTSpeedster submitted a new resource:

1958 Grand Prix World Championship - 1958 Grand Prix racing now in AMS

jPx3SSv.jpg

The 1958 season was the last year of Grand Prix racing where the field was dominated with front-engined cars; which had been the case since the early 1900s when car racing was happening in informal events across Europe and the United States. 1959 and 1960 would be transitional year, where grids at Grand Prix events would feature more and more mid-engined cars and fewer front-engined cars. The mid-engined cars, with their better road holding...

Read more about this resource...

I'm getting zero FFB at all, and realfeel not working at all.
There was a bug in AMS not long ago that caused the FFB to be non responsive for cars without FFB multiplication, such as all of my mods. And considering this particular mod has been tested by a bunch of people and downloaded by quite a few more so far and you're the only reporting this particular issue, I'd guess maybe you're not running a updated version of AMS? Latest one is the v1.5.3r. Make sure you've got that and also run an "integrity verification" of your game files in steam to be sure as well. Let me know if that solves it. Cheers.

Last edited:
Impressive work, in particular with perfect front suspension animations.
Just a few notes:

- Physics tire radius seems to be higher than the one used for graphics so the car is 'floating' a bit over the track.
- On some cars the rear suspension animation is 'shaking' a bit with tire rotation (Lancia is one example).
- The longitudinal slip curve is (IMHO) too 'punishing' for the kind of tires implemented. A flatter one would greatly improve progressiveness of traction loss in acceleration (in some cases it's insta-spin as soon as throttle is applied).

Last edited:
Thank you for your work. I haven't tried it yet but I'm grateful for all the modders who work on this sim. All we need now are some proper historical tracks to go along this mod and the 1937 mod and it'd be awesome. Sadly it's not likely to happen. We can only dream about.

Impressive work, in particular with perfect front suspension animations.
Just a few notes:

- Physics tire radius seems to be higher than the one used for graphics so the car is 'floating' a bit over the track.
- On some cars the rear suspension animation is 'shaking' a bit with tire rotation (Lancia is one example).
- The longitudinal slip curve is (IMHO) too 'punishing' for the kind of tires implemented. A flatter one would greatly improve progressiveness of traction loss in acceleration (in some cases it's insta-spin as soon as throttle is applied).

Hey Avo77, thanks mate. Indeed the 'floating' issue will be looked and hopefully fixed in the next patch. I haven't noticed the rear suspension issue yet but this is good feedback and I'll be looking at it too, thank you!

About the tire grip, a compromise of sorts was struck for this initial release and it was indeed a big debate among both the beta testers and the original rF team too for many months with no definitive consensus. Perhaps a bit too hardcore at the moment but at the same time I didn't want to deny people the chance to try it anyway. There is an alternative model with a slight tweak that I'd think is just as realistic and something I'll be reassessing as well.

Take care! ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for your work. I haven't tried it yet but I'm grateful for all the modders who work on this sim. All we need now are some proper historical tracks to go along this mod and the 1937 mod and it'd be awesome. Sadly it's not likely to happen. We can only dream about.

Thank you for the support and for the kind words. But I wouldn't be too discouraged on the historical tracks just yet, I know for a fact there are a few being quietly developed... :)

Hey Avo77, thanks mate. Indeed the 'floating' issue will be looked and hopefully fixed in the next patch. I haven't noticed the rear suspension issue yet but this is good feedback and I'll be looking at it too, thank you!

About the tire grip, a compromise of sorts was struck for this initial release and it was indeed a big debate among both the beta testers and the original rF team too for many months with no definitive consensus. Perhaps a bit too hardcore at the moment but at the same time I didn't want to deny people the chance to try it anyway. There is an alternative model with a slight tweak that I'd think is just as realistic and something I'll be reassessing as well.

Take care! ;)

Hi, IMHO it's not a problem about absolute grip value but about the too peaky shape of the longitudinal curves.
Relaxing them a bit improves the driving experience and makes the mod more believable (now the cars are losing grip after peak faster than modern slicks...).

BTW, whatever you decide the mod is fantastic!
Thanks!

i can't believe it someone made my dream true thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU ahhhh yes i love your channel best wishes from- your Richard petty fan

Thank you for the support and for the kind words. But I wouldn't be too discouraged on the historical tracks just yet, I know for a fact there are a few being quietly developed... :)
Could you not lower the rolling resistance a touch in the .tbc file for the rear tyres? It might help with the cars breaking away suddenly into an un-recoverable spin.

Having major performance issues on my end
20 cars and suffering around 20-30 fps when using Default cars and getting around 90-144fps
im running Radeon 5700xt and a ryzen 7 2700x

Anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back