Cars 1958-1961 Austin-Healey Sprite 1.0 by Luathas [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
glasshouse submitted a new resource:

1958-1961 Austin-Healey Sprite - Small car a chap can have in the shed

The original Austin-Healey Sprite (nicknamed the frogeye) was a cheap sports car for the everyday man. Great rally history and sold very well in the UK, Europe and the US.

Original mod: Cameron Montlake-Mees
Sound: Luathas
A-Series engine: Pessio Garage

Improvements to the original mod include:
-60s vintage tyres
-Detuned the original 948cc engine to match real car performance
-Added and detuned a 1275cc engine (by Pessio Garage) to match Sebring Sprite performance
-Upgraded all the...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for this. The car's handling feels pretty believable.

The gearbox feels odd. Even on a slow upshift it takes a while before the drivetrain gets it together. The revs stay put and then drop. Almost like there's an erratic overdrive switch.

Cheers,

Ben

Last edited:
You mentioned scaling the steering wheel to suit the driver, but have you considered scaling the driver instead? Modders often scale the Kunos drivers down by ~10% or so as they sometimes appear quite large, especially in a small car like this.
Also, the shifting animation is extremely weird. The position of the shifting hand actually changes position depending on the rotation of the steering wheel instead of hitting the same spot every time, so can end up very out of position in relation to the gearknob. I'm pretty sure I've never seen this effect on any other car.

Yes I rekon that would be the better solution for the same problem. However I do like that the driver model is looking kinda large. The car is very small and driver do kinda look like giants driving Sprites. :roflmao:

However taking in account the shifter animation conflicting with the steeringwheel, that certainly not make up for the hand/steering wheel placement.

Nice! The update featuring the hardtop will also include a skin of the 1959 Sebring Sprite class winner and 1960 Sebring 4 hour car driven by Stirling Moss.

__custom_showroom_1606428380.jpg

__custom_showroom_1606233631.jpg

dhmchardtop_small.jpg

Last edited:
glasshouse updated 1958-1961 Austin-Healey Sprite with a new update entry:

1.0 Luathas Update

Since posting the Sprite on RD I have been contacted by Luathas. He made the Sprite into something far beyond the initial plan.

Version 1.0 of the Austin-Healey Sprite by Luathas includes many CSP features some of them are very special!

Some of the feautures are:
- Animated Keyfob
- Hardtop
- Lucas Spotlights
- Wire wheels and disk brakes
- Smith tach
- For the rally skins: a rally co-driver

And many more are detailed in the Readme's included in the file.

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi

Just downloaded Austin Healy Sprite, a very detailed piece of modelling.

I loaded the Sebring version which shows as having wire wheels in the custom selection option, but when loaded in pre race screen is equipped with Steel wheels and hubcaps.

Have I done something wrong?

Great update thanks, love the hardtop version and loads of fun to drive

Hi

Just downloaded Austin Healy Sprite, a very detailed piece of modelling.

I loaded the Sebring version which shows as having wire wheels in the custom selection option, but when loaded in pre race screen is equipped with Steel wheels and hubcaps.

Have I done something wrong?

There's a default version of the 3D model used for the showroom but different skins have additional bits and pieces such as this. You can see what's added in each ext_config.ini file in the skin folders.

The wire wheels did show for me in game (1960_Sebring_Sprite skin), not in showroom. The hard top also doesn't appear in showroom, but is always there in game. I was hoping to be able to remove the hard top in the setup as I have seen before for some cars (e.g. the Honda S800 RSC from ADR).

Edit: Thanks for the update! The hardtop and wire wheels show in game but not in the CM showroom

Last edited:
The wire wheels did show for me in game (1960_Sebring_Sprite skin), not in showroom. The hard top also doesn't appear in showroom, but is always there in game. I was hoping to be able to remove the hard top in the setup as I have seen before for some cars (e.g. the Honda S800 RSC from ADR).

That would be a great addition if you would like to chime in. Hardtop attributed to the historic relevant skins, and option to choose in game when you are in the setup screen.

Hope to add more skins to the regular Sprite soon. Still looking for high res images of the Rally plates/stickers and driver info.

1961racrally_8.jpg

1960racrally_3.jpg

1960montecarlorally_4.jpg

I think I have to buy some Sprite books, that should help with obtaining the details to these cars.

Last edited:
Edit: Thanks for the update! The hardtop and wire wheels show in game but not in the CM showroom

Our pleasure. Please keep in mind that I've started with 0 knowlage of modding. Luathas made all of the updates as a gift and brought the car to life. The hardtop and wire wheels only show in game and only with CSP indeed yes, c'est ca.

Last edited:
After a short test drive, both me and the little Sprite are smiling from Ear to Ear:laugh:

But seriously, everyone involved has done a great Job with this Car- I find often the 'underpowered' Cars with soft suspensions provide much more fun than the so-called 'Supercars'.
I really like the use of the Custom configs to bring some variation to the Field!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks to all involved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline