1927 Delage 15S8

Cars 1927 Delage 15S8 1.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
You really had me counting the Days until the end of my Vacation when you released this.;)
Now I was finally able to test this Car, and I can just repeat what others have already said:
A very, very good Mod, especially considering you made everything by yourself- and it's your first one too.
I really like the texturing work and the Car just hits that 'sweet spot' like the other Cars of the Era- Suspension and Brakes are weak, you can just barely bring the Thing into a Powerslide if you really floor it- it stays wonderfully controllable, though.

Overall I have nothing but Praise for you, but still a small suggestion: There's a visible Transition from LOD A to LOD B on the Windscreen- on LOD B it seems to be much more reflective and so it 'pops in' visibly.
Really appreciate it! You're right about the windscreen though. I can't believe I missed it, I was really careful (I thought) making sure the transitions between LODs were smooth, but this one fell through the cracks somehow. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'll look into it.

Is it just me or is the driver scaled a bit too small? Like for example compared to drivers in Nicecuppatea's 1923 GP cars.

Is it just me or is the driver scaled a bit too small? Like for example compared to drivers in Nicecuppatea's 1923 GP cars.
The seating position is significantly lower in this car compared to the 1923 cars. When doing the driver animations I compared the height/scale, etc. to pictures of drivers in the car from 1927, so the eye position should be pretty much spot-on. I did have to do some scaling on the driver to get the proportions and height right, so the body may be a bit smaller.

Sorry my ingorancy (and ugly english skill level, Im from Argentina) what is CSP? and where I can download it? I downloaded the car, but dont work and I love this car era

Sorry my ingorancy (and ugly english skill level, Im from Argentina) what is CSP? and where I can download it? I downloaded the car, but dont work and I love this car era
CSP is Custom Shaders Patch, it's an extension for Assetto Corsa that adds lots of additional features to the base game. You can download it here. I'm surprised you're not able to run it in vanilla AC though, I've gotten it to run on my machine without CSP. What errors are you getting?

CSP is Custom Shaders Patch, it's an extension for Assetto Corsa that adds lots of additional features to the base game. You can download it here. I'm surprised you're not able to run it in vanilla AC though, I've gotten it to run on my machine without CSP. What errors are you getting?
NOW IS WORKING!!! TKS A LOT

Fourty-Too! updated 1927 Delage 15S8 with a new update entry:

1927 Delage 15S8 v1.0.1: Minor Visual Improvements

Just a small patch fixing a couple of visual issues with the initial version I released. LODs A and B are slightly larger now, but I don't anticipate any significant hit to performance. Full change log:

• Fixed an issue with the windscreen material causing a visual jump when switching between LODs A and B. Thanks to user 67JTM for bringing this issue to my attention.
  • Improved the 3D model and fixed some UV-mapping issues for the steering wheel in COCKPIT_LR...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,

Love the car, the details and handling mainly on the old historical tracks but I have a quick question.

I have noticed on tracks like Spa the gear ratios seems to change and 5th becomes so long I can never get out of 4th.

I have a feeling it might be an AC thing but hoping there might be a setting I have missed somewhere.

I'm running latest CM/Sol and CSP 1.76

Thanks for any comments

Last edited:
Hi,

Love the car, the details and handling mainly on the old historical tracks but I have a quick question.

I have noticed on tracks like Spa the gear ratios seems to change and 5th becomes so long I can never get out of 4th.

I have a feeling it might be an AC thing but hoping there might be a setting I have missed somewhere.

I'm running latest CM/Sol and CSP 1.76

Thanks for any comments
Hey Budaiya, sorry for the belated reply, I've been out of town most of the week. This is actually what I would expect racing in this car—5th isn't really geared to be a proper "racing" gear, rather it was more of an overdrive gear. That is to say, they would use it on really long straights/banked oval sections (such as can be seen at historic Monza) to run the car at lower rpms at top speed, to save fuel (and probably engine components). There's not really any reason to use 5th in the sim unless you're doing a very long race where fuel saving is a big factor.

I'm a little curious that you feel a difference between Spa and some other tracks. For some context, the ideal point to shift up in this car is around 7,000 rpm. I would be surprised if you were able to regularly hit 7,000 rpm in fourth gear on most tracks. Maybe tracks with unusually long straights such as Le Mans or Avus, but even then I doubt you would gain any extra speed over staying in fourth gear.

TL;DR: Fifth is not useful for racing, you can safely ignore it

Hey Budaiya, sorry for the belated reply, I've been out of town most of the week. This is actually what I would expect racing in this car—5th isn't really geared to be a proper "racing" gear, rather it was more of an overdrive gear. That is to say, they would use it on really long straights/banked oval sections (such as can be seen at historic Monza) to run the car at lower rpms at top speed, to save fuel (and probably engine components). There's not really any reason to use 5th in the sim unless you're doing a very long race where fuel saving is a big factor.

I'm a little curious that you feel a difference between Spa and some other tracks. For some context, the ideal point to shift up in this car is around 7,000 rpm. I would be surprised if you were able to regularly hit 7,000 rpm in fourth gear on most tracks. Maybe tracks with unusually long straights such as Le Mans or Avus, but even then I doubt you would gain any extra speed over staying in fourth gear.

TL;DR: Fifth is not useful for racing, you can safely ignore it
Hi Forty-Too

Thanks for your reply, appreciate the explanation.

I think I got a bit confused on the gear ratios getting longer on different tracks. I went back and rechecked and all tracks show a (theoretical) max speed of 396 kph, I think in real life its around the 220 mark ? Not sure why I thought it was different. (it must be an age thing:)

Thanks again

1927 Delage 15S8 v1.0.2: Small Physics Update

Small physics update that makes a big difference. Data for this car is pretty scarce, and when I initially released the car I wasn't able to find any data on the final drive ratio so I had to guess. But thanks to user sergio krucken, I was able to find the correct final drive ratio for the car.

My previous "guess" was 3.9, but the actual final drive ratio was 5.2, which is pretty significantly different, and...

Just took it for an evening spin on latest update of Abulzz's Targa 73. It might just become my favourite car to drive on that track :):)

Attachments

• image_2022-02-05_111302.png
    image_2022-02-05_111302.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for the update,

I am confused though.
Upon unzipping I get folder delage 15s8/with 2 subfolders(MCOSX an another delage15s8 folder.
The _MACOSX folder also has anotehr subfolder delage15s8.
Where to put or not to put which ?
Thanks
Ivan

Thanks for the update,

I am confused though.
Upon unzipping I get folder delage 15s8/with 2 subfolders(MCOSX an another delage15s8 folder.
The _MACOSX folder also has anotehr subfolder delage15s8.
Where to put or not to put which ?
Thanks
Ivan
Ugh—looks like I uploaded it incorrectly. :( You can ignore the _MACOSX folder entirely. I will try to upload the file again.

1927 Delage 15S8 v1.0.2: Corrected Small Issue with Folder Structure

I uploaded the physics update from a different computer than usual, and it seems to have added an extra _MACOSX folder in the zip file. Reuploading the correct zip file this time. If you got the first v1.0.2 file to load correctly, there's no need to redownload.

Thanks to eur5ovintage for pointing out this issue to me!

VR users: Because of the seating position in the car I couldn’t find a view that worked well for both single-screen and VR. I’m exclusively a VR user but I know most people use single-screens/triple screens so the driver’s eye position in car.ini is for single screens. I have added a view.ini file in the extensions folder that can be used to adjust the view for VR users. Simply place the file in Assetto Corsa/cfg/cars/delage_158 (create the folder if necessary) and the head position will automatically adjust.

Do the 'Onboard Settings' app not work with this car?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%