1927 Delage 15S8

Cars 1927 Delage 15S8 1.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Fourty-Too! submitted a new resource:

1927 Delage 15S8 - Championship-Winning Grand Prix Car from 1927

REQUIREMENTS/IMPORTANT NOTES:
  1. Requires CSP for extended instruments functionality and real mirrors. I haven’t implemented any extended physics so the car should load and run in vanilla AC, but some features won’t work. (I have tested the car without CSP in vanilla AC and gotten it to drive). Tested with CSP versions 0.1.60 and 0.1.73.
  2. Requires Nicecuppatea’s Driver 23 driver model which can be downloaded here on RaceDepartment. AC usually will sub in a different driver model...

Read more about this resource...

By the way, cars with supercharged engines are done in the same way as Naturally-Aspirated cars, at least for Roots-chargers; with the power increase done through the power.lut instead of the turbos section of the engine.ini, as is the case with the Kunos Exiges.

This is because a Roots-Blower both
A): Doesn't compress the air that goes through it, thus not pressurised
&
B): Roots kits don't need to spool up since they're driven directly by the crank, effectively making them lagless.

Last edited:
By the way, cars with supercharged engines are done in the same way as Naturally-Aspirated cars; with the power increase done through the power.lut instead of the turbos section of the engine.ini, as is the case with the Kunos Exiges
Does this change the way the car performs at all? I had implemented it this way so I could simply and easily get the boost gauge working properly. I know modern supercharged cars don't usually have boost gauges but this car did.

Does this change the way the car performs at all? I had implemented it this way so I could simply and easily get the boost gauge working properly. I know modern supercharged cars don't usually have boost gauges but this car did.
If you adapt the power.lut and engine.ini accordingly the driving dynamics of the car shouldn't change in any noticeable way. The only things that'll be affected are the UI boost gauges (both in Kunos and mod apps) and the boost gauge of the car model itself.

@Nicecuppatea has implemented an animated boost gauge on his FIAT 805 405; another supercharged car, without having to resort to using the turbos in the engine INI. If you want to find out how to do it for this car, I'm sure he'll gladly help you.

Last edited:
@Nicecuppatea has implemented an animated boost gauge on his FIAT 805 405; another supercharged car, without having to resort to using the turbos in the engine INI. If you want to find out how to do it for this car, I'm sure he'll gladly help you.

There's no boost gauge on the FIAT, it might've had one but I never found any close-ups of the gauges. I just did a rough calculation of where the power should be added in the power.lut based on what I could find out about the superchargers of the time.

It’s also got one of the most complicated interiors I’ve ever seen in a car, which I didn’t realize before starting the project.

That made me smile when I read it because the same thing happened to me when I started, the Bugatti was a nice easy shape but then I found out what the interior looked like :speechless:.

Great job though.

Last edited:
There's no boost gauge on the FIAT, it might've had one but I never found any close-ups of the gauges. I just did a rough calculation of where the power should be added in the power.lut based on what I could find out about the superchargers of the time.
My mistake; I thought the gauge with the big "B" printed on it was a boost gauge since there was already a gauge labelled "Benzina" for fuel.

Wonderful car! Thanks so much. Do have an issue with real mirrors as its only working on one eye in VR using the latest patreon patch.
Is this happening consistently? I get this sometimes (with random cars) and exiting and starting the session again usually fixes it. I also don't have the patreon version of CSP though, so I'm not familiar with the latest patch version.

Stop releasing fun stuff while I'm on vacation! :p

Congrats on getting a car out... love these wacky old things.
Perhaps we need a group on sim-racing.gp for pre-60's Formula Libre. Between the this, the six '23 cars, the two '37 cars and both 250Fs it'd make for some interesting lobbies; that is if a BoP can be figured out to prevent the 250F's, the W125's and the Type-C's from completely running away with it.

Well, as I wrote in review, excellent mod, for the camera bug, I'm gonna change the camera with the ingame tool. Now, I'm just gonna wait for more competition for this car.

You really had me counting the Days until the end of my Vacation when you released this.;)
Now I was finally able to test this Car, and I can just repeat what others have already said:
A very, very good Mod, especially considering you made everything by yourself- and it's your first one too.
I really like the texturing work and the Car just hits that 'sweet spot' like the other Cars of the Era- Suspension and Brakes are weak, you can just barely bring the Thing into a Powerslide if you really floor it- it stays wonderfully controllable, though.

Overall I have nothing but Praise for you, but still a small suggestion: There's a visible Transition from LOD A to LOD B on the Windscreen- on LOD B it seems to be much more reflective and so it 'pops in' visibly.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%