Resource icon

Cars 1923 Sunbeam Grand Prix 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,
The Tour 1923 mod is awesome but the camera position is not synced with the head in VR, I can see the pilot without head just in front of my eyes. The gap is slight in the Volante, a bit bigger in the Bugatti and wide on the Sunbeam.

Do you know any solution to personalize the POV in AC and save it per car? It's the first time I get this kind of problem.

Hi,
The Tour 1923 mod is awesome but the camera position is not synced with the head in VR, I can see the pilot without head just in front of my eyes. The gap is slight in the Volante, a bit bigger in the Bugatti and wide on the Sunbeam.

Do you know any solution to personalize the POV in AC and save it per car? It's the first time I get this kind of problem.

As @Scarystuff says, you can use the Onboard settings in the side menu to adjust the camera position (pic below). I don't have VR so I can't check the view myself:

onboard.jpg

If you want to improve the soundbank for this car, I think I found something that may be useful - a video of a startup and revving of a '22 model-year Sunbeam from 2012 by Elise Exige. I've put the video below with a timestamp to the part that you need.

I know it's not much to work with but we'll have to take what we can get with cars of this vintage.

EDIT: Just realised that the '22 Sunbeam is only a four-pot vs. the '23's six, so this sound might not be the most accurate thing for this car.

Last edited:
If you want to improve the soundbank for this car, I think I found something that may be useful - a video of a startup and revving of a '22 model-year Sunbeam from 2012 by Elise Exige. I've put the video below with a timestamp to the part that you need.
Trouble with that is he's rev-ing it all the time, so getting a good loop from it is difficult. You need a few seconds of flat, constant sound to get a good loop. Think most of the Sunbeam sound came from this video, which isn't that great either, but it did have a few of those spells of flat, constant, sound.

Trouble with that is he's rev-ing it all the time, so getting a good loop from it is difficult. You need a few seconds of flat, constant sound to get a good loop. Think most of the Sunbeam sound came from this video, which isn't that great either, but it did have a few of those spells of flat, constant, sound.

It's a real conundrum.

I daresay it'd almost be worth trying to build a six-pot out of single-cylinder four-stroke engines like you'd find on lawnmowers & cement-mixers, just because they don't have much in the way of noise reduction in their exhaust and are low-revving by design, probably 6K revs at most with the governor removed.

And while it seems like a joke I'm not even sure if that's out of the realm of possibility. Besides, most four-stroke thumpers I've read up about are OHV not OHC, and oversquare not undersquare. Not to mention I have almost no practical knowledge on internal combustion engineering.

It's a real conundrum.

I daresay it'd almost be worth trying to build a six-pot out of single-cylinder four-stroke engines like you'd find on lawnmowers & cement-mixers, just because they don't have much in the way of noise reduction in their exhaust and are low-revving by design, probably 6K revs at most with the governor removed.
I did see something once that said you should try to match the sound frequency to the engine revs, which I'm not sure really works, having tried to do it. Might work for some sounds, but I've found it's largely a GIGO process: put a garbage loop in and you get a garbage sound out no matter how much you try to clean things up.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 411 39.9%