Servername:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SKAND
Class: GTC65 Lotus Elite Sprints
Track: Kinnekulle Ring / Knutstorp / Falkenberg
Conditions: 15.00 In-game Race Time
Practice: 19.00GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe - 15 mins
Qualification: 19.15 GMT / 20.15 UK / 21.15 Europe - 5 mins
Race: 19.20 GMT / 20.20 UK / 21.20 Europe - 20 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The RD Elite Skinpack will be used for this event Click Here for SkinPack

• Bert Van Waes

I tried lots of things, anything that was in my power i tried...

But it seems i've got smth wrong? On waht occasions does this happen? Already someone who ever had this?

• Bert Van Waes

not going to cause any problems if I leave my temporary skin file over the top of 120 is it?

Well, I think i found the probem, lol. It was on yr name that i got stuck. i just read it now. It must have been this.

To Ben, I was there, only couldn't click anything properly...

Greets

Great night! Superb cars

Kinnekulla: Qualified 9th cause i didn't manage to set a time. Finished 3rd I think.

Mytorp ring: Qualified 4th but had another good start. Some good racing with amir and Ben. Me and Ben had troubles with fuel on last lap:) Did a stupid mistake in the final corner that cost me 1st:) Congrats Amir!

Falkenberg:
Not sure where I qualified, but was leading most of the race and won! First win in a long time:party:

Super event Stuart! Thanks RD. Didn't know how good these scandi tracks were:)

• Matt Crouch

Well, I think i found the probem, lol. It was on yr name that i got stuck. i just read it now. It must have been this.

I didn't use skin 120 though and nobody else had any problems... it seems unlikely... Did you definitely have skin 102 in your GTL\GameData\Teams\GTC-65\Lotus Elite folder?

• Matt Crouch

Anyway good stuff as I do like them 1337s.
First race, followed Stu-poid and Avi for a while and then span in sympathy to Avi and another time for someone else later on.
Knutstorp was fun just to drive round. Couldn't keep up with the leading pack and spent most of the race in 5th / 4th with Avi not far behind. Finished in 3rd after Ben ran out of fuel :p
Last race, quite lonely. Sorry about the start to anyone affected. I blame the voices in my head :heh:.

Knutstorp ring.

3rd last pic: Amir spinning on last lap.

2nd last pic: Me spinning in last corner.

Last pic. I limp across the finishline infront of the stationary Ben while Amir is seen in the distance.

Attachments

• elite4.jpg
    elite4.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 211
  • elite5.jpg
    elite5.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 210
  • elite6.jpg
    elite6.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 198
  • elite7.jpg
    elite7.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 204
  • elite8.jpg
    elite8.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 203
  • elite9.jpg
    elite9.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 199
  • elite10.jpg
    elite10.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 190
  • amir.jpg
    amir.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 179
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 213
  • ben.jpg
    ben.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 159
hey, when i join it keeps on loading matt, flash flash flash...

What did i do wrong now? My god...

I load everybody and then it goes back to loading mat crouch???!!!

Help?

This is the classic symptom of GTL when you try to join a server but another driver (already in the server) is using a skin that you don't have.
Either Matt was using a skin not included in the skin pack or you don't have the skin pack correctly installed (maybe a corrupted file for the skin that Matt was using.
The quickest way around this problem is to be on TS and ask the "problem" driver to change skins.

Yup - I always enjoy the l337's :good:

3 top tracks, Knutstorp being the jewel in the crown, IMO. :good:

Kinnekulle - 2nd - decent start from about 4th got up to 2nd behind Amir by about 4 secs. I decided to have a spin and an off to make sure I saw all the track ( :neutral: ) The gap grew to 16 sec, I closed it down to 13 by race end, but was never going to catch Amir.

Knutstorp - 5th - Decent start, bad spin at T1 on the second lap putting me down to 8th. Fought through the pack to close up on Avi & Croucher who were dicing for 4th, some very nice driving there, Avi got into a tiny drift and I managed to squeeze through into 5th. I was closing on Corucher, but nowhere near fast enough to get him before the line when I heard the wail of a petrol free Tusting on TeamSpeak. Tusto was stopped just before the S/F line. Croucher ignored him and grabbed 3rd, whereas I played the gentleman and rammed Tusto over the line at full tilt. Thommo Crash Recoveries - to GTL members it's the 4th Emergency service.

Falkenberg - 4th - quallied on pole by Tustos disco, decent start, was 2nd behind Knut for a lap, but outbraked myself into T3 and onto the grass, slowly fought back again, some very good racing again with Avi, he got into a pickle on the uphill T3 - he was desperately trying to recover the car and was going left and right trying to get it under control (which he did without looping it - nice :good: ), but it made it difficult for me to avoid - a fairly small impact as I was hard on the anchors. Got past him 2 corners later and held on for 4th.

As always, a good evenings sprinting.

Downloaded everything in time for Qual at Kinnekulle. No laps ever at this circuit and a new car for me. Managed 3 laps in qual with the better being the 2nd and popping me 6th from 8 on the grid - happy with that. Spent a fair bit of it doing an "after you" type drive with eeeeeeeeeeeeeevans and Hans, it seemed neither of us really wanted to finish first either spinning or getting sng's :).

Knutstorp, well, the paracetamol started to wear off during this track which I always struggle with. Car became a handful to drive even with amirs and sams help of set ups (thanks guys). in the race i took a big hit in the barriers which put the wheel at about 30 degrees left. pitted and laughed as i saw for the first time "suspension - replace" as an option. well, running at the back and really using this as a learning event decided to take it and sat in the pits for 3 minutes while all the work was done :D

trotted out again and continued where i left off spinning. reactions getting slower or just plain awful. decided to call it a night once over the line and headed to bed.

thanks for the patience shown to me on the track, especially in race 2. well done to the winners and see you on track when I'm back at 100%.

sorry I had to go, was looking forward to this but when I loaded game up it looked strange and I couldn't work out why, got a black screen just as count down started race 1 so esced to avoid killing anyones race, rebooted sys before second but it still looked and felt wierd, found out today that all my configs, I do mean all, GTL, GTR2, Evo, rFactor had all been reset to defaults, I did them all when I installed the newest 185.85 drivers and it was running fine, but I've had a couple of hard reboots with memdumps, I hate Vista 64, and it looks like they went udders skyward during one of those, now fixed so we'll see if it happens again, keep your fingers crossed, say a few prayers to the god of Bytes etc. and maybe I'll be able stay around longer next time.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back