18th of July speculation and Twitter conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought R3E DTM a couple of weeks ago and F1 2013 several weeks before that. Both on sales, have not played DTM it much at all and F1 even less. But hey they made some money out of me when in reality if it was in a box and even on discount I more than likely would not have bought them. I would have to be in the shop to see it on sale at the right time. I would figure that they can't discount it as much as downloads because of the marketing costs needed to let everyone know it is on sale!

From the Twitter:
Stefano Casillo ‏@KunosStefano 1h
The improvements on netcode should be clearly visible next friday. At the moment the code is not able to fully utilize all the upbandwith...
on the server. Just make sure you reduce the number of clients and work up to find the real limit...
I will need some more weeks of work to make sure the software is able to use the entire bandwidth available.

I asked him if we would be able to join in a practice session that is underway and this is his response:
Stefano Casillo ‏@KunosStefano 17m
@oooRickyBobby also mid race actually. The server will have to be configured in a different way. It's going to be buggy but it's there.
Stefano Casillo ‏@KunosStefano 17m
@oooRickyBobby you wont be able to pick a skin.You can only choose a car model.It's like walking in a kartodrome saying "give me a kart

So there you go...Discuss

Great news that there have been significant improvements to the Netcode, and also great news about the instant join feature.

Personally I have almost no use for it because the booking system works perfectly fine for my requirements, but I can't speak for everyone so it's good that they're working on it!

Cheers for the updates Michael!

But really I'm just super pumped for slipstreaming :D
It's going to add a whole new dimension to the racing

Great news that there have been significant improvements to the Netcode, and also great news about the instant join feature.

Personally I have almost no use for it because the booking system works perfectly fine for my requirements, but I can't speak for everyone so it's good that they're working on it!

Cheers for the updates Michael!

But really I'm just super pumped for slipstreaming :D
It's going to add a whole new dimension to the racing
Maybe I'll finally be able to make a move on you, Chris! Or choke, and give the wall a kiss... :D

What makes me nervous that we are not going to get the 98t on Friday is the lack of media for the car. I've seen pictures and 1 video of it in the pit, none on track. Probably means nothing, fingers crossed. I have a feeling they're going to release a new track Friday, possibly the final Silverstone layout, just my gut.

With Shelby Cobra, GP2 and some quality custom tracks out there I don't mind if, for some reason, there's no new content in this update. I'm more excited about those updates to graphics and netcode, and no booking of course.

What makes me nervous that we are not going to get the 98t on Friday is the lack of media for the car. I've seen pictures and 1 video of it in the pit, none on track. Probably means nothing, fingers crossed. I have a feeling they're going to release a new track Friday, possibly the final Silverstone layout, just my gut.
The 98T is fully functional, they said the only thing that may hold it up is the AI's ability to control the car.

The 98T is fully functional, they said the only thing that may hold it up is the AI's ability to control the car.
Hopefully they won't hold back the car. There's a few other cars the AI don't do well in. The F40 S3 for example, with the AI you can see the car get loose, and the AI have to let off the gas and give wonky steering inputs from time to time.

They should develop a flux capacitor, that way they could just start work on the game jump into the future and bring the completed game back, that way you could develop games without developing them, oh alright then, I blame the Jack Daniels :D

Hopefully they won't hold back the car. There's a few other cars the AI don't do well in. The F40 S3 for example, with the AI you can see the car get loose, and the AI have to let off the gas and give wonky steering inputs from time to time.
You must have been watching me drive the F40 S3 in the ClubRace lastnight - that's exactly how I drove it! :D

They should develop a flux capacitor, that way they could just start work on the game jump into the future and bring the completed game back, that way you could develop games without developing them, oh alright then, I blame the Jack Daniels :D
But... But then wouldn't it have started out 100% complete? Or are they going to a timeline where they've already completed the game? That means that there's more than 1 universe... I think I'm having an existential crisis now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 423 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 284 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 277 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%