18th of July speculation and Twitter conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Aris.
Seems like a genuinely good guy, doing what he loves.

image.jpg

More great news from Stefano!

"Good results from the first Cockroach Powered netcode test.. I was able to drive with the guys from PH with 380ms of ping.. very smooth..."

"Let's hope to get good results from the "crowd" test later today in Italy and early morning tomorrow for me."

If that is true, the netcode would be nearly same good like iRacing :)
in iR you can race with 400 ping.

More great news from Stefano!

"Good results from the first Cockroach Powered netcode test.. I was able to drive with the guys from PH with 380ms of ping.. very smooth..."

"Let's hope to get good results from the "crowd" test later today in Italy and early morning tomorrow for me."

Very nice. Right now I can play smoothly on servers that I ping from 50ms all the way up to 200ms...that until cars are too close or touch each other, than they all teleport all over the place. :roflmao:

If that is true, the netcode would be nearly same good like iRacing :)
in iR you can race with 400 ping.
Yup, I've had some very clean races with people from Australia back in my iR days.

Very nice. Right now I can play smoothly on servers that I ping from 50ms all the way up to 200ms...that until cars touch each other, than they all teleport all over the place. :roflmao:
He also responded to a comment like that and said that the two are directly linked. So better netcode = cleaner collisions!

I love Aris.
Seems like a genuinely good guy, doing what he loves.

View attachment 58645
Honestly when I find out that a update has been delayed, I get disappointed for selfish reasons. Then I look at the amount of time I have in game from steam and quickly realize that I have more time in game at the moment then many of the games I have in my steam collection combined! I at the moment have payed pennies per hour, if that for the amazing amount of enjoyment I have had. So when you take that into account I really owe Kunos more money. Since at the moment they aren't talking any of my money, I will have to give them the benefit of the doubt for delay's since it will benefit us in the long and short term!

The passion exhibited by their team is unparalleled in my dealings with video games. I have been gaming since I was about 5 and I'm almost 32. So I guess this will be the first time I will say I am a bonafide fanman! lol

@Saleem Hodge After discovering AC I went out and spent something like $300 on a graphics card to play a single $30 dollar game. When you put it in perspective we should be paying a lot more for software as each of us would have many times that expense in the hardware side.
I know I am racing against guys with triples and shed loads of hardware.
In fact NVidia, AMD, Benq would be wise to subsidise/support studios like Kunos.

i actually believe nvidia does, to some extent or in some fashion, though don't ask me why because i've forgotten. maybe a thanks to in the credits or something of that sort. + i believe the bmw gt2 car has an nvidia livery though im not sure if thats a real word thing or what.

I think game subsidisation for PC at least will be tougher to get these days. All the gaming big players are interested in is money, which translates into console sales. Helping the PC limp along isn't going to put many steaks on the table at amd and nVIdia. In fact one of the reasons that gaming hardware has slowed up so much is because there simply isn't the drive any more from the dedicated PC segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%