18 inches rim add-on for RSS Formula X Evo 2022 (CSP FEATURE) (NO OFFICIAL)

Misc 18 inches rim add-on for RSS Formula X Evo 2022 (CSP FEATURE) (NO OFFICIAL) 0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
"for some reason I can't put it in the LOD_B, so at the moment at that level of detail AC won't show the rims"

You need to take care of the differences in objects that remain present in the lods. For example writing
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
FILE=nameofcarmodel.kn5
HIDE=WHEEL_LF,WHEEL_LR,WHEEL_RF,WHEEL_RR,
INSERT=../../extension/nameofwheelsmodel.kn5
INSERT_AFTER=COCKPIT_HR

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_1]
FILE=nameofcarmodel_lodB.kn5
INSERT_AFTER=COCKPIT_HR
will present you with the problem that there is no "COCKPIT_HR" in the lods. So instead I bet on
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_1]
INSERT_AFTER=COCKPIT_LR
and that has to work on all lod levels if they are made following the Kunos guidelines. Inserting the wheels on lods also means the performance suffers because the tris-count stays much higher than the recommended for the lods. Maybe preparing simplified lodB model of the wheels would be good addition to your efforts if you intend to make the transition to lodB working and keeping good GPU performance.

Last edited:
"for some reason I can't put it in the LOD_B, so at the moment at that level of detail AC won't show the rims"

You need to take care of the differences in objects that remain present in the lods. For example writing
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
FILE=nameofcarmodel.kn5
INSERT_AFTER=COCKPIT_HR

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_1]
INSERT_AFTER=COCKPIT_HR
will present you with the problem that there is no "COCKPIT_HR" in the lods. So instead I bet on
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_1]
INSERT_AFTER=COCKPIT_LR
and that has to work on all lod levels if they are made following the Kunos guidelines. Inserting the wheels on lods also means the performance suffers because the tris-count stays much higher than the recommended for the lods. Maybe preparing simplified lodB model of the wheels would be good addition to your efforts if you intend to make the transition to lodB working and keeping good GPU performance.
I don't understand you. If you mean that I should do this through Model Replacemtn feature, it's possible, but it's hard. And I can't get the rims to go in the rims. That's because I go through the Rim Replace feature (which is in the same github wiki page).

I figured out the problem, but one of the CSP developers doesn't even know how to fix that, so maybe I can't fix that bug. The thing is that there is a mesh from the wheel that doesn't exist in the LOD B model (If you open the LOD_B kn5 in 3dsimed, the 'Instance' tag is empty) and the new RIMS cannot be installed in that kn5. This is fixed if you duplicate the LOD_A car and rename to LOD_B, C and D.

And yes, you're right. If I got to solve this, I should make a low poly rim for that. Thanks for writing ^^

Last edited:
fixed if you duplicate the LOD_A car and rename to LOD_B, C and D
If you want that result much easier is to edit "lods.ini" and replace all lods with the full model there. No need to bloat the folder with copies.
Instead of
Code:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=11

[LOD_0]
FILE=porsche_911_gt3_rs.kn5
IN=0
OUT=20

[LOD_1]
FILE=porsche_911_gt3_rs_lod_B.kn5
IN=20
OUT=30

[LOD_2]
FILE=porsche_911_gt3_rs_lod_C.kn5
IN=30
OUT=1500
edited
Code:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=11

[LOD_0]
IN=0
OUT=20

[LOD_1]
IN=20
OUT=30

[LOD_2]
IN=30
OUT=1500
or simply
Code:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=11

[LOD_0]
IN=0
OUT=2000
Or maybe you mean preserving the original "data.acd" for online compatibility. In that case the
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...] is the way to go. Or 3DSimED simple copy/paste surgery on the kn5's.

If you want that result much easier is to edit "lods.ini" and replace all lods with the full model there. No need to bloat the folder with copies.
Instead of
Code:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=11

[LOD_0]
IN=0
OUT=20

[LOD_1]
FILE=porsche_911_gt3_rs_lod_B.kn5
IN=20
OUT=30

[LOD_2]
FILE=porsche_911_gt3_rs_lod_C.kn5
IN=30
OUT=1500
edited
Code:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=11

[LOD_0]
IN=0
OUT=20

[LOD_1]
IN=20
OUT=30

[LOD_2]
IN=30
OUT=1500
or simply
Code:
[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=11

[LOD_0]
IN=0
OUT=2000
Or maybe you mean preserving the original "data.acd" for online compatibility. In that case the
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...] is the way to go. Or 3DSimED simple copy/paste surgery on the kn5's.

Yeah, I know there are easy solutions for this, but I'm very limited since I won't touch any of the RSS work (.kn5 file) or any modification not compatible with online. I'll see what I can do.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%